Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hate short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hate short hair
    Posted: August 17 2004 at 2:45am
omg i had a horrible hair disaster. i usually go to the salon for my cuts. this time my hair was to the middle of my back, its curly, thick and puffy. I asked my mom to add layers to it to thin it out a bit, she''s usually good at hair and used to cut hair. Problem is my hair was thinner in the front because it used to get pulled when i tied it from how heavy it was. she ended up cutting my hair in the front at middle of ear level (all of the hair in front). i looked horrible. i cried so much, so i told her to chop the rest off too. now i had a bob. clever me made a mistake and let my sister add a layer to the bob, she made the same mistake my mother made and cut the front way shorter. i felt horrible.
to top it off i just got engaged, and have been fighting to keep my self esteem up when i feel so ugly and angry because of my hair. I''m getting married next summer and i need to grow my hair so bad. i do conditioning treatments literally every week, but i need my hair to come out faster. i am scared of those herbs they mess up your body, i wish there was a fast way.
on top of how ugly i feel my hair is, it reminds me of how my hair looked when i was little. my mom used to cut it short so she wouldnt have to deal with combing and styling. i wasnt outspoken but i remember being sad because other girls used to boast about their hair and mine was short, puffy. thats why i''ve always felt its a competition, i feel very behind. i know it sounds horrible. and i feel angry at myself, regretful, and i seriously hate the do.
wheew felt good to let it out. by the way if anyone wants to cut their hair, always do it professionaly i dont care how good the person is!
Bill W View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 7:48pm
Rosebud, I can understand you are hurting. Look at yourself in the mirror and see beyond the hair. Imagine if you had lost an eye or an large ugly scar from an accident. You would feel really taken back. OK, no permanent scar, just a bad haircut. It will grow! I like long hair, I admire long haired women (especially my wife!) I wouldn't want to see her scalped. But then I have been trimming her hair for the last 15 years + , so it is not going to be by my hand. No horror stories here. Funny it is usually another women, (jealousy perhaps?) that gives a friend or family member a too short haircut. Boyfriends, fiancees, and husbands (unless they have a scissor fetish) wouldn't do that to their lady. The so called "pros" always want to transform long haired ladies' locks by cutting it short. You had a bad experience, learn from it. As your wedding approaches consider extensions if it is not long enough for your desires at the wedding. In 10 years, you will look back and laugh at this disaster or simply chalk it up as a life lesson learned. If your female (or male family member or friend) wants to cut your hair short, run don't walk away. In the mean time focus on the positive. I had a seroius black eye last fall from a soccer ball at my daughter's soccer practice. It went away, I got over it, you will get over your too short haircut.
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 10:47pm
oh my goodness. I think we all need a reminder like that sometimes. Thanks so much for your free spirited positiveness and healing words.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2004 at 2:27am
It's probably the circumstances of it that have you so upset. It's like a flashback to your childhood, when your mother did whatever she wanted with your hair. So you need to take control away from her. Go to a professional and choose something that looks nice to you. Even if it's shorter than you would originally have wanted, the fact you're taking control of how it looks should help you feel at least a bit better. If you find, even after that, you don't like the way it looks, just work on trying different styles as it grows to find out which ones do look good. And definitely don't let your mother do your hair again, as it's likely you'll hate anything she does with it, just because of your feelings of awkwardness as a child.
More awesome than a manatee!
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:36pm
Thanks for your reply. I think theres truth to what you're saying. But most of my troubles right now are in getting it long so it doesnt puff, and for my wedding. Although i will never let anyone but the professionals do my hair, and the way i want.
bellaboston View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellaboston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 8:35pm
Just so you know the same thing happened to me today and I am SOOO upset. I actually paid for my cut. I also had hair midway down my back. I have really thick, pretty hair but I had let it get a bit too long and wanted about 2-3 inches, even that I thought would be a lot.

Well, she CHOPPED 6 inches off and THEN proceeded to layer, thin, angle away so now i have a short, VERY high maintenance bob in the humid summer I don't knw what to do i am so upset I don't even want to go out tonight.

I am already planning to wait at least 3-4 months before I even think about trimming it so at least it can grow a few inches but the problem is the way it's cut it will probably need an update soon almost a conspiracy to get me to go in more often.

ARGHGH. Do the vitamins really work? What should I do??
annon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 10:58am
What about having the curls relaxed?
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 9:13pm
I know how you feel. Its very frustrating. I'm sure you must be furious, dont expect to get over it soon, you can never forget it because you will remember it when you style, wash , and look at your hair. You cant "get over it " like some people say, it takes time. Just accept it, i dont now about your spirituality, but i tell myself god makes everything happen for a reason, he had to have something to do with my hair cut too.. there's a good reason for everything, we just dont always know it. And seriously as soon as i accepted my hair the way it is, i feel better, stop remembering how it looked before. Make the best of it. I havent trimmed my hair either, i cant trust anyone to even do that, and i know that the mistakes in it will still show when it grows out, but i will risk it and see. I just cant handle a milimeter being cut off of it again. I need to keep whatever i can grow for my fiance, wedding and sanity. Now i'm on multivitamins, biotin and flax seed oil. I dont know if they're helping. I massage it daily, and try to love it. Hey if you dont like it at least you'll never wonder what you would look like in short hair! You'll always appreciate when your hair is long!
Good luck, and thanks for sharing!!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 3:36am
HI Rosebud..I think Kuroneko is right...You should be in contro of your hairstyle. Maybe take a picture to a really good stylist and do something that you will like to look at in a mirror. I have some issues with my hair length too. However, a few years back I cut it really short and enjoyed it for the time that it took to grow back out.

As far as your wedding goes, No worries about having it as long as you want. your stylist can put in an updo piece if you want it to be long and put up. If you want to wear it down,. they can put a temporary hairpiece for a gorgeous long look. Check out bride magazines, most of the elaborate dos are done with additional hairpieces.

Good luck and enjoy your hair.

jacqui
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 8:34pm
I am working on embracing my hair as it is...and i feel alot better about myself. Hey its nice to try out short too, it has its own attitude. The hard part was getting over HOW it happened. Thank you so much for sharing, i feel so much better.
Superkate View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superkate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 10:42am
I completely understand your problem, because I JUST had the same thing happen to me YESTERDAY!!

A while ago, I decided to get really short layers to remove the really horrible long ones that I had gotten tired of. Basically, I loved how the short layers looked.. or atleast for a little while. Until they grew out.

So yesterday, I went into the salong to chop off the reminants of what used to be cute short layers.. and was now a mullet. I really felt that getting bangs and chopping off my layers would be a fresh change. Boy was I wrong!!

I walked out of the salon with a chin length bob and thin little spidery bangs.. I absolutely look the same as I did when I was three years old! My school pictures are tomorrow and I don''t know what to do! I look exactly like the cartoon Velma off of Scooby Doo! Also, the senior school dance is coming up soon and I''m seriously concerned about my hair and its dowdiness...

Does anyone have any advice???

Katie, 16-year-old-hair-wreck
Ren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 5:43pm
omg, i completely know how you and katie feel. i practically have the same situation as katie.

yesterday i went to the salon because my little sister wanted to get her hair cut. my mom kept forcing me to just get my hair cut since i''m already here. i kept telling her no, and then the salon lady said the same things as my mom, and also saying how my hair has no volume, it doesn''t look nice, all this mean stuff. ( my hair was long just a few inches above my but, dark dark brown, with side bangs. I personally and alot of other people and the girls at my school really liked my hair.) because of their persistance, i went with the lady to get my hair washed and cut. i ended up with hair just past my shoulders, with front bangs. it does not frame my face at all, and looks even worst. my sister''s looks nice and now her hair is longer than mine! and just like katie, my school pictures are coming up, in fact, they''re this tuesday! and the school dance is next week too. i am really upset,and have just been looking through a whole bunch of different hair sites for tips and advice. what i''m planning on doing is taking alot of vitamins, onlly eating proper healthy foods, and of course lots of exercise, and rest. i really hope and pray this works, and that all of our hairs grow out soon! i want my long long hair back!!
llama_man666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llama_man666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2004 at 4:24am
i am relly sorry, espicialy cuz your wedding is coming up. i dont have much advice but i hope it gets long enuf.
vijay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 11:14pm
hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

use almond oil for better result

For Density:-
1.Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2.Take White yoke from Egg.Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

3.Curd is a moisturieser. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Dandruff:-

1.Squeeze lemon and take lemon juice. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur
hair.

2.Take White Vinegar 50ml. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Lice:-
1.Spread Tulsi leaves on ur pillow before go to bed.keep head on Tulsi
leaves.

For YoungGreyHair:-

1. Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2. Eat iron content food or syrup.

To do this:-
1.Apply Natural Henna by paste format.leave 30min before wash ur hair.

2.Fold ur hair end with hair band. Dont use pins and clips for folding.

3.Eat atleast one egg or protein content food daily.

Dont do this:-

1.Dont dry ur hair by hair dryer oftenly.

2.Dont Brush ur hair with moisture.

3.Dont cut ur hair oftenly or improperly.

Because Straight cut makes Density, V cut makes long, Oval makes normal level

General Advice:-

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of karotine.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com
MP VIJAYKHANNA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic