Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

was red now black, want 2 b brown!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: was red now black, want 2 b brown!
    Posted: August 16 2005 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by gizmo gizmo wrote:

Since it's been lightened, you can't go back to your darker haircolor by lifting the color out with a corrector.

It can be dyed back however. Getting a dark brown shade right is a little tricky (in my opinion); they have a tendency to go on too dark. You may want to go to a salon for color correction (and they can also add some dimension to it w/ highlights) or if you're feeling bold, try a DIY kit and hope it turns out okay.

That's right, if I can't choose between 2 colours I always choose the lighter one....they usually work too well :)
< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" style="display: none;"> < ="text/">
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 8:37pm
you know what, my mother used that exact same shade..It came out coppery eventhough it claims not to do that, very orangy. But wait 2 weeks and it faids out, it will look closer to the color on the box.

If you want the shade altered a bit, i would recommend doing temporary level1 dye. It can darken hair but not lighten. Its really nice, you'll get a subtle change, depending on the shade you pick
Good luck!
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2004 at 9:36am
Since it's been lightened, you can't go back to your darker haircolor by lifting the color out with a corrector.

It can be dyed back however. Getting a dark brown shade right is a little tricky (in my opinion); they have a tendency to go on too dark. You may want to go to a salon for color correction (and they can also add some dimension to it w/ highlights) or if you're feeling bold, try a DIY kit and hope it turns out okay.

Marie Valmond View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Valmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 8:43pm
I just used that Feria color--the hi-lift browns, (downtown brown) and what a disappointment. It came out nothing close to the shade on the box, and i have dark brown hair. I did everything in the instructions, but it came out a bit more reddish. Does anyone know how i can remove this color--I''d rather go back to my original color, or even do highlights instead! Does anyone know of a good haircolor remover? Or is it even possible to remove it since its a permanent color? HELP!
Marie Valmond View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie Valmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 8:42pm
I just used that Feria color--the hi-lift browns, (downtown brown) and what a disappointment. It came out nothing close to the shade on the box, and i have dark brown hair. I did everything in the instructions, but it came out a bit more reddish. Does anyone know how i can remove this color--I''''''''d rather go back to my original color, or even do highlights instead! Does anyone know of a good haircolor remover? Or is it even possible to remove it since its a permanent color? HELP!
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 11:41am
thanks for all your help!
i consulted with a salon guy, he spent 3 hours doing my hair with a product he spent 10 minites mixing chemicals to make. It worked though and my hair, if i do say so myslef, looks damn fine. I dont want to think about how many chemicals are in my hair at the moment though.........
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 9:22pm
I don't know about how well they work, but Feria (as mentioned above) makes some "High Lift" brown shades. Supposedly, they can take a dark dark brown and lighten it down a few shades.
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 7:21pm
You could always bleach your hair and dye it again, but that is horribly damaging, i wouldnt recommend that. If i were you i would buy hair dye that is for dark haired girls. There's a feria collection of browns for brunettes and i believe the other one is preference. not sure about the second one. That would probably be your best bet. Or you could highlight REVLON for brunettes. If you were thinking about highlights..
It should get lighter as you wash it though. Good luck.
maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 12:46pm
Help! I have 3 days to fix my hair, imporant function coming up. I had red hair but I wanted to go medium brown. For some reason, it came out black. Im talking the black so dark that it looks blue. I tried to go brown again by putting a brown colour in but it didn't help at all. These colours were all bought in shops.

How do I fix this??? I've been recomended for a specific colour to use to go brown that can be bought in a shop or do I get it done professionally??

I'm begging for someone to help me, my hair looks so bad!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic