Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I dyed,I relaxed,I bleached,I permed,then I cut off all my hair bymyself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I dyed,I relaxed,I bleached,I permed,then I cut off all my hair bymyself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bAD HAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bAD HAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I dyed,I relaxed,I bleached,I permed,then I cut off all my hair bymyself
    Posted: September 30 2004 at 5:33am
Its really a long story...a really horrible one...so brace yourselves...
It all started when I used to dye my hair black,I stayed that way for two years,till I missed my brown hair.The problem was,black dye just didnt go away,whatever I did.I bleached it,then I dyed It,I didnt like the results,I bleached it again,then I dyed it.I left the color for a few months,where I permed it once and relaxed it twice.Then suddenly,I wanted a light brown color.The problem?The black dye hadent really faded.I bleached it,then I bleached it again,I didnt like the color,so I dyed it,then after a few hours,I decided the color was too dark,so I dyed it again,it came out black(thats all in one day).The next day,I couldnt stand the black hair,so I dyed it w/ a semipermanent color,it turned out red,after a few hours I had bleached it again(thats also in one day).I slept in half orange/half black hair,the next day,I bleached my whole hair and dyed it.I kept the color for about to weeks,then dyed it a little darker,suddenly I wanted it a little lighter,so I used sun in.I kept my hair that way for over a month,then decided I wanted it darker.I dyed it again,and after a week I had an appointment to have YUKO.The hairdresser took one look at my hair & said that there was no way she would do anything w/ my hair.Instead of being grateful I still had hair,I got angry and decided to relax my hair bymyself instead.I went home and did a strand test first.Stupidley,I did the test on the front part of my hair,after a few mins I saw that my hair was turning orange...I decided to test another strand,which also turned orange.Suddenly,my hair just didnt feel like hair anymore,when I pulled it ,it broke of as easily as when you cut paper,I just dont know how to describe it.At last I was scared,that was the first time I got scared about my hair.I washed it & tried to blow dry it,it looked terrible,then I just had this urge to cut it all off.I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut of all the front part of my hair.When I looked in the mirror,I had short spiky hair in front,and long frizzy hair in the back.Then I had to go get all my hair cut,I had never had hair that short before,but it was still longer than my hair now,I stayed that way for a month,till I just couldnt stand the way the damaged parts of my hair looked like,I grabbed the scissors and chopped all my hair off,and I mean ALL,my hair is even shorter than my fathere's,AND I HATE HAVING SHORT HAIR.I put oil on it almost everyday now,and the only thing Im happy about is that now all the damaged hair is gone,and my natural soft,dark brown hair is back.Its been almost 3 weeks since I cut it now,and I just cant wait till it grows,does anyone know how long would it take to be at least chin length?And is there anything I can do to make it grow faster?Thnx
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 4:07pm
OH MY GOD.

I feel so sorry for you. But trust me, this haircut is the best thing that ever happened to you. Now you have a fresh start. Your hair will grow back - what's important is that it grows back healthy!

There is no way to make your hair grow faster. You could always get a wig if you want longer hair. Or you could try and make the best of your short hair. Just think - all that horrible damage is gone and your hair is now back to your natural color, which is what you wanted, right?

Can I ask why you did so many things to your hair in such a short time? Especially bleaching it repeatedly, perming and relaxing? These are some of the most horrible things you can do to your hair! I feel so sorry for you, wish I could give you a hug. Hang in there, though. I bet your short hair looks awesome!
bAD HAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bAD HAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2004 at 12:49am
Hi KB
Wow,thats the first time anyone felt sorry for me,they usually think Im crazy.The worst is though,I have to go to school everyday,and explain to everyone my hair life story(now even the teachers know it). I bleached it and dyed it about 10 times in about 2 days was that I had school,and I just couldnt go w/ half orange half black hair,or red hair,when they were used to seeing me w/ brown hair.I kept thinking I'll get the right color this time,but instead It'll just get worse....And like you said,the best thing is that I got rid of all the damaged hair...The bad thing is,Im not very patient,actually Im REALLY impatient,and IM the kind which cant stay w/ the same thing for a long time,even when its good.It happened a lot,my hair would look really great,and everyone would say so,and I;d think how even better it would look if it had highlights in it or s/thing,and mess up all my hair.The problem is,Im really addicted to changing my hair color,you have no idea how much self control I need to not touch a hair dye box when I pass them in a drugstore.Im already thinking how better my hair would look if I had red highlights put in it when it grows out....I know,Im a really bad owner of hair,but Im practicing more self control...I just have NO self control....but Im trying
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 4:19pm
I honestly believe that there can be an addiction to coloring hair, especially after a haircolor screwup. Let's face it, it's very very traumatic when haircolor goes wrong. Nothing makes a person feel more unattractive than having what they perceive to be bad hair.

I don't think you are crazy, I think you might just have some self-esteem issues. In your plight to have the perfect haircolor/style, you overdid it. It happens all the time. I just cut my hair short after a botched color job. I love it because the style suits me better, and I am finally rid of the mess that's been plaguing me for months!

Listen, don't worry what other people think. Worry about what you think. Let this be a learning experience for you. And maybe, in the future, if you want to color you might want to think about going to a salon? That way, if a mistake should happen, they will know how to fix it without destroying your hair.

Good luck with everything and try not to be so hard on yourself!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 8:53pm
First of all, you are way too hard on yourself. I feel your pain. I once cut my own hair. I was 14 years old and I wanted a bob. I couldn't get it even all the way around, so I kept cutting. I eventually ended up with a pixie cut. At first I was devastated. I learned to live with it though. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some of the girls at my school actually cut their hair short once they saw mine. I also recently over-dyed my hair (I'm 20 years older, but not necessarily wiser) and did some damage to the ends. I had never coloured my hair before, but I think I became addicted. I've recovered now.

I think the average person's hair grows about 1/2" per month. Yours may grow faster (or slower). Just make sure you take really good care of it and keep the ends healthy so you don't have to do any major trimming. Mine grew 9 inches last year. If your hair grows at an average rate, you might have your chin-length bob in a year. There are also some really cool hairstyles for shorter hair. Try not to feel like your hair is ruined. You may learn to love it before it gets to your target length. There's nothing more beautiful than self-confidence.

My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic