Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perm Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm Question
    Posted: March 02 2000 at 8:28am
Does anyone know of any good perms out there to use on highly resistant, hard-to-curl hair that will give a very curly, well-defined and springy look? Thanks.
krlynn73 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krlynn73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2000 at 8:24pm
I have not had a perm in several years, but I also have very hard to curl hair. I got a perm one time that held very good (actually to good for the small rods used) it was a Paul Mitchell perm. It could be worth a try.
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 6:53am
To Krlynn73:

Thanks for the tip. I recently had the perm done as a treat to myself for my birthday and I love it! It turned out really curly because my stylist used the small yellow rods. She didn't have a Paul Mitchell perm but instead used a Design Freedom by Zotos. Again, thanks for the reply.
bright & tight View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bright & tight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2000 at 11:23pm
I do not know the name brand of any perms but what helps me is I always ask for the strongest solution and ask to be put under the hairdryer.Heat helps activate the curl process. I hope this helps.

Signed bright and tight.
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2000 at 9:54am
Thanks *bright&tight*. I'll mention it to my stylist. I would love to get a really curly perm for once instead of those loose waves, etc.
Spiraltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiraltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2000 at 11:45pm
I've had really good luck with Aveda perms. Although I haven't had a perm in quite some time. I have really thick coarse hair and have had perms on pink, white, and peach rods that have always held great with the Aveda perms.

Hope your perm worked out great if you went for it
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2000 at 2:53am
Actually, my first ever perm was a spiral done on the red and green "boomerang" rods - the kind that snap together at the end with your hair rolled up on them. The lady used an Aveda perm which had a great smelling neutralizer. The only problem was that the curl was uneven and dropped out quickly. Needless to say, after all that time and $$$ that was my last Aveda perm. I'm happy that yours worked though. Maybe we had two different kinds of Aveda perms used. Who knows?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic