Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

chea pet hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
josita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chea pet hair
    Posted: May 13 2000 at 1:26pm
I have shoulder length very curly hair.... and it's thin but i have alot of it... usually i just put it up in a ponytail because i cant control it... it takes to long to do it in the morning and at times people tell me i look like a chea pet or like a poodle ... I blow dry it but when it's humid outside the curls take over... please help
CurlyAllMyLife View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyAllMyLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2000 at 8:09pm
I can sympathize, as I have had many a pony tail day in my life. I have just past shoulder length curly hair that looks much like a spiral perm (I get asked that ALL the time). When people ask me where I got my hair permed, my favorite response is, "In my mother's womb."

I would recommend blowing your hair dry as little as possible, as that dries your hair out and actually makes it frizzier. I use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (I tend to switch between Finesse, Infusium, and that Organic one). I use Paul Mitchell's leave in conditioner (the blue stuff) fairly regularly, then L'Oreal Lasting Curls Gel (HIGHLY recommend this product) and work it from my roots to the ends. I usually put a little extra on the ends to make sure that I don't frizz out by the end of the day.

I read somewhere that with curly hair, your hair can pick up moisture from the atmosphere and that's what can make it frizzy (which is why you get frizzier on humid days). I don't know whether or not this is true, but I put in extra conditioner when it's humid outside (I live in Houston, TX it's ALWAYS humid) and that really seems to control my frizz without making my hair greasy.

Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic