Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need much info on Ouidad!!!! (esp. bad reviews)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need much info on Ouidad!!!! (esp. bad reviews)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chamudah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamudah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need much info on Ouidad!!!! (esp. bad reviews)
    Posted: August 11 2000 at 2:43pm
I am very interested in trying their products, but don't have the money to pour down the drain - so to speak...
I would like any info - good or bad.
My hair is almost completely straight some days and really curly some days. It's almost always frizzy...
K
hairtalk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2000 at 8:52am

Hi Chamudah,

I just joined this site. I have been going thru and reading some of the posts, especially about curly hair and Quidad. I noticed that either people don't reply to most of the posts or the replies are not showing up for me (?). Since you posted this in August, my reply may be too late to be of use to you but here it is.

I started using Quidad products about 3 years ago at the suggestion of a co-worker.

I very much like the products. However, they are extremely expensive. I use: the Deep Treatment, shampoo, conditioner, Tress FX, Clear Control (curl definer) Botanical Boost and the new Climate Control.

Since my hair is somewhat kinky, I really find Clear Control and Climate Control helpful. I must use them a few days in a row after washing my hair to get any real shine. I cannot wash my hair more than every three or four days. It gets too unmanageable. I also often use Botanical Boost to detangle and add shine.

I would however strongly caution you if you are considering going to the salon.

I don't usually go to hair dressers because I have had a couple of bad experiences. The Quidad Salon has been the worst for me. I an trying someone there now who seems to be honest and caring.

Let me explain.

After using the products for a couple of years, I got the nerve and made an appt with Quidad herself. She is the most expensive, of course, but I wanted the best!

I went in for a trim and conditioner. One of her assistants, came over and told me she would be washing my hair. She asked me what I wanted and I told her. She did everything. Wash, Conditioner, style and told me she didn't want my hair flat on top, it would look better with some height. Quidad came over at one point, looked at my hair and said it needed the Deep Treatment, and that she wouldn't be able to cut it today. I made another appt. to have it trimmed. I paid almost $200 for Quidad to look at my hair.

When I returned, the same assistant came to wash my hair. During our discussion about what I wanted, I was lamenting over the fact that my hair curls so tightly that it appears much shorter than it is. She again told me I could have a softener, as she had mentioned in my previous visit. I asked several questions and she ASSURED me that this was not a perm.

Well, I had the softener. Never got my hair trimmed. I honestly don't remember what happened but I there was not enough time for the softener and trim. Quidad was too busy.

Now, I was really annoyed by the fact that this assistant was working on my hair and not Quidad especially since this assistant had some sort of funny little attitude that I could no longer dismiss as my imagination! And again I paid for Quidad's rate when an assistant did my hair!

Made another appt. to have my hair TRIMMED! Quidad was sick with Pneumonia and someone called to let me know. She said that Quidad's assistant could do my hair or I could reschedule! Well, NO WAY was I going to pay Quidad's rate again for her assistant with the "smirky attitude"!

A couple of times while I was in the salon, I overheard one of the other stylist talking to his clients about their hair and I liked what he had to say so I asked for him. He was great EXCEPT for one thing -- He NEGLECTED to tell me that the "slicing" method they use would leave my hair in DIFFERENT LENGTHS!!!! I was so upset but I let it go because he really listened to what I wanted and explained everything else so nicely; what was possible and what wasn't. He also gave me another softener. In my conversation with him that day I discovered that the "softener" is in fact, a MILD PERM!

NOT SO TERRIBLE YOU MIGHT SAY???!!! Except for the fact that after that day my hair started breaking off. I went from hair below my shoulders to hair at the middle of my neck!

Now, it's terrible for me because my hair does not grow quickly. It's been almost a year and my hair has still not grown back.

I went back one time to speak with him about the breakage and he said he couldn't see where it was breaking off. There was not one place where all the hair was short.

Well, that would assume that it was all breaking at the same point! It still seems to be breaking off little by little and I guess it will continue until the permed area is gone.

I don't know why I didn't write a letter or something. I am usually such a fighter but the damage was done. I couldn't be bothered suing or anything. I will, however NEVER give them the opportunity again. I might let him wash and condition it. That's all.

I was better off just using the products at home.

Having said all of that the products do seem to be good. I am still using them.

Let me know if you ever tried them or if you found something else.

All the best.
hairtalk View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2000 at 8:56am

Hi Chamudah,

I just joined this site. I have been going thru and reading some of the posts, especially about curly hair and Quidad. I noticed that either people don't reply to most of the posts or the replies are not showing up for me (?). Since you posted this in August, my reply may be too late to be of use to you but here it is.

I started using Quidad products about 3 years ago at the suggestion of a co-worker.

I very much like the products. However, they are extremely expensive. I use: the Deep Treatment, shampoo, conditioner, Tress FX, Clear Control (curl definer) Botanical Boost and the new Climate Control.

Since my hair is somewhat kinky, I really find Clear Control and Climate Control helpful. I must use them a few days in a row after washing my hair to get any real shine. I cannot wash my hair more than every three or four days. It gets too unmanageable. I also often use Botanical Boost to detangle and add shine.

I don't usually go to hair dressers because I have had a couple of bad experiences. The Quidad Salon has been the worst for me. I an trying someone there now who seems to be honest and caring.

Let me explain.

After using the products for a couple of years, I got the nerve and made an appt with Quidad herself. She is the most expensive, of course, but I wanted the best!

I went in for a trim and conditioner. One of her assistants, came over and told me she would be washing my hair. She asked me what I wanted and I told her. She did everything. Wash, Conditioner, style and told me she didn't want my hair flat on top, it would look better with some height. Quidad came over at one point, looked at my hair and said it needed the Deep Treatment, and that she wouldn't be able to cut it today. I made another appt. to have it trimmed. I paid almost $200 for Quidad to look at my hair.

When I returned, the same assistant came to wash my hair. During our discussion about what I wanted, I was lamenting over the fact that my hair curls so tightly that it appears much shorter than it is. She again told me I could have a softener, as she had mentioned in my previous visit. I asked several questions and she ASSURED me that this was not a perm.

Well, I had the softener. Never got my hair trimmed. I honestly don't remember what happened but I there was not enough time for the softener and trim. Quidad was too busy.

Now, I was really annoyed by the fact that this assistant was working on my hair and not Quidad especially since this assistant had some sort of funny little attitude that I could no longer dismiss as my imagination! And again I paid for Quidad's rate when an assistant did my hair!

Made another appt. to have my hair TRIMMED! Quidad was sick with Pneumonia and someone called to let me know. She said that Quidad's assistant could do my hair or I could reschedule! Well, NO WAY was I going to pay Quidad's rate again for her assistant with the "smirky attitude"!

A couple of times while I was in the salon, I overheard one of the other stylist talking to his clients about their hair and I liked what he had to say so I asked for him. He was great EXCEPT for one thing -- He NEGLECTED to tell me that the "slicing" method they use would leave my hair in DIFFERENT LENGTHS!!!! I was so upset but I let it go because he really listened to what I wanted and explained everything else so nicely; what was possible and what wasn't. He also gave me another softener. In my conversation with him that day I discovered that the "softener" is in fact, a MILD PERM!

NOT SO TERRIBLE YOU MIGHT SAY???!!! Except for the fact that after that day my hair started breaking off. I went from hair below my shoulders to hair at the middle of my neck!

Now, it's terrible for me because my hair does not grow quickly. It's been almost a year and my hair has still not grown back.

I went back one time to speak with him about the breakage and he said he couldn't see where it was breaking off. There was not one place where all the hair was short.

Well, that would assume that it was all breaking at the same point! It still seems to be breaking off little by little and I guess it will continue until the permed area is gone.

I don't know why I didn't write a letter or something. I am usually such a fighter but the damage was done. I couldn't be bothered suing or anything. I will, however NEVER give them the opportunity again. I might let him wash and condition it. That's all.

All the best.
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 2:43am
Hi there hairtalk,

Ouidad sounds like a nightmare experience.

I have had my hair done twice at devachan Salon on 560 Broadway and they are wonderful.

personally, I usually will not have my hair done by the owner of a chic salon, because they are often too egotistic to listen to my wants and needs. I had a bad experience at Bumble and Bumble about 15 years ago.

Anyway, every hairdresser at devachan is fantastic. I go with a few of my girlfriends and we all use different people and we are all very happy with the results.

If you do go, I use Rick - Tell him Jo-Anne sent you. The phone number is 212-274-8686 - I promise that you won`t be disappointed.

Jo-Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo-Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 3:05am
BTW hairtalk,

Thanks for posting the critique on Ouidad. I had been thinking of trying the salon because of their new book on curly hair, so I appreciate your info.
Your post probably saved me from another miserable hair experience (I have had too many in my life to count).

liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by hairtalk hairtalk wrote:

Hi Chamudah,

Let me explain.

All the best.

ok sorry for my ignorance but what does the following mean??? :S
:-

1) first off...who is "Quidad"???!
2) "softener"?!!

erm i think thats it.....i thought there was more...but nevermidns.... what r they plz?! :S
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic