Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wavy/kinda curly frizzy hair problem!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joskie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joskie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavy/kinda curly frizzy hair problem!
    Posted: September 08 2000 at 4:26pm
Ok, my sister has curly locks and I guess I was left w/ confused hair when I was born. Its not curly, but it is. Its more wavy with lots of frizz.
Up until about age 10 my hair was straight, something happend. I have tried and tried to use porducts and tips to get my hair to look good curly ( with nice spirals ).. But I always end up with all frizz and maybe 3 curls.
So, I've bene forced to straighten EVERYDAY. I use straightening balm, then blow dry, then conair straightening iron. Even still, its not totaly straight.
My hair has become dry and has many split ends due to how I style my hair.

HOW HOW HOW can I find a way to have nice curly hair so I dont need to blow dry all the time???

please email me at Josiegiri@aol.com

Thanks
angel_hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2000 at 9:00pm
Hi,

I have the same problem. did u try to get a perm? Or u can relax your hair. Because I had curly hair more on the sides than the back, when i got a different cut it really changed, u might wanna try that. tell me how it goes, bye.
rockcloud View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockcloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2000 at 10:37pm
wow, reading your email was like reading my own hair story!

My hair is really weird, sometimes wavy, sometimes downright curly, sometimes just plain ol' frizzy/fuzzy!

I started using the ouidad line (ouidad.com) and those products have really helped. Especially the bootanical boost. I use that to tame frizz and try to spruce up the curls. Also the heat and humidity gel is great (I live in florida so I DEFINATELY need that).

Whenever I try to straighten it just turns to fuzz so I've officially given up, but every now and then I get brave and try to blow dry it. Usually a mistake!

Good luck with trying new products :-)

laura
rockcloud@aol.com
KYRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2000 at 6:55am
Reply to message: 9.347.1
I am of Jamaica origin,and have kinky curly hair,basically you have two choices if you want to straighten the non-chemical route.

There is a product called Meros Jell Perm,and it is used by Minako at Miano/Viel salon in New York,it is sold by Shindi International,(Shindi has a toll free number).The product is sold only to hairstylists so you will have to get your stylists to order it in for you.Otherwise write Meros Chemical Company in Japan,they are the manufacturers.

For myself I use a product called the Naturalaxer made by African Wonders.It is 90%+ non-chemical,and allows me to wear my hair wavy or straight,with no real stress.
So I would recommend that you try it as it works on all kinds of hair.It basically flattens the cuticle so you can have looser curls,without breaking the bonds in your hair.
It works on all kinds of hair,Caucasian or Afro etc.

the website is:www.naturalaxer.com.

I hope this helps.
Kyrie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic