Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Everyone with curly hair read this!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everyone with curly hair read this!
    Posted: July 02 2001 at 5:32pm
I have super curly long (armpit length) naturally red hair. Actually I should say, EXTREMELY curly hair! People tell me they don`t understand how I can have such curly hair without having black heritage (I`m a white as snow!).

Anyway, over the last couple of years I have been trying to find a way to keep the curles and get rid of the frizz! I`m sixteen years and finally have found the right hair product to help! This is what I do, and it works like magic for getting rid of frizz and making the curles defined.

Step one: I wash my hair with any kind of shampoo/conditioner combo (currently I use Pears)

Step two: I twist it up into a towel to get rid of some water (this is the key: don`t let your hair dry to much before putting your product in)

Step three: I put at least three complete palm size puffs of Herbal Essences stlying mousse through my hair (sometimes more). Then I towel off the drips at the ends of my hair. Sometimes it helps to bend over so the underneath of your hair gets mousse too. ALWAYS shake out your hair afterwards (Like a head banger or just bend over and shake your fingers around the roots of your hair form keeping it getting stuck to your head).

Step four: Let your hair air dry. If some strands are `crunchy` because of too much mouse, just touch them, run your hands through the motion of putting your hair in a ponytail over and over until your curles are soft and natural looking.

DON`T BRUSH YOUR HAIR OR YOU WILL CAUSE FRIZZIES! I only brush my hair once every two months while it`s wet and covered with conditioner. Don`t be afraid at the amount of hair on your brush, it`s becuase when curly haired people loose hair (and everyone looses 50-100 stands DAILY) it gets stuck in the curles and can`t get free until you brush it out.

I know you are all thinking that I probably have a head of knots or matts, buecause I hardly brush my hair, but I don`t. Becuase I use conditioner every day, there are only a couple of knots or none at all (just spirals) when I go to brush it.

IF YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR TRY THIS! My two other friends with curly hair have tried at it worked perfectly for them too. You will be amazed at the compliments you will get if you do try out this system!
curlymickey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlymickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2001 at 8:05am
Hi Curlygirl,

Thank you for the information provided, I live in Eindhoven in The Netherlands, I have looked but cannot find the Herbal Essence Mousse, Where do you live?

My hair is very short at the moment, do you have any advice on how to get it to grow, it is superslow in growing and I am sure if I could get it to grow quickly to middle of my back, it would be more manageable.

Kind regards
Curlymickey
curlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2001 at 1:26pm
hi,

I live in northamerica, so that is probably why you can`t find herbal essences. I have also used alberto mousse, finesse mousse and some others that have worked relatively well. The only suggestion I have in regards to getting hair to grow faster would be to eat very nutritiously and to take very good care of your hair so that it stays healthy and strong. There is nothing more dissapointing than having long hair that is dry and fried! Good luck! curlygirl.
Karen W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2001 at 9:08am
Reply to message: 9.709.1
Actually, I have hair very similar to yours. And believe it or not, that is exactly what I do every morning. I even use Clairol Herbal Essences mousse. (Though sometimes, I use Finesse Moisturizing Mousse, just to change products once in a while.)

I never brush my hair; rather, I use a pick. It gets the snarls out without frizzing my hair.

Karen
kUrLy kRiStA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kUrLy kRiStA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2001 at 2:33pm
Reply to message: 9.709.1
To curlygirl...Thank you very much...i`m going to try this out in a few minutes..I hope i`m not let down.
Now, to the point of my reply... I`m 16 as well, and i was ABSOLUTLEY sick of my hair because i couldn`t do anything to it without a major breakout of FRIZZ...so one summer i decided to get it chemically straightened....it relaxed my hair quite a bit, and i was happy. I then discovered the Conair Steam Straightener...which apparently my relaxed hair didn`t enjoy, it ended up going back to curly. So this past June, I decided to get my hair chemically straightened again, hoping for the same results as before......boy, was i wrong... sure it straightened my hair, but it also killed it. My hair was falling out left and right. And then, the worst that could happen...I realized that the hairstylist must have done something wrong, and burnt the hair off on the part in my hair. Everyone was assuring me that the "pricklies" on the top of my head would disappear. But after a week or two, it looked like i had gotten a brush-cut on the top of my head. This summer has been the WORST!!!! i can`t do anything to my hair without the new little growing hair poking out on the top of my head. Thankfully, there`s hairspray around or i`d invest in a big hat!! but my little "problems" are about an inch now, and i can not wait until they grow out.
Bottom line....STAY AWAY FROM CHEMICALLY STRAIGHTENING YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic