Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i do anything about my thick hair??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can i do anything about my thick hair??
    Posted: July 09 2002 at 11:04am
i was wondering if i could thin out my thick hair without making it too thin if so how can i do this will any cremes help? if u can answer any of these questions i would really appreciate it .

10-Q (thank u)
Kristin17 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2002 at 2:49pm
Hey babyflower!

We sound like we have the same hair. My hair is also incredibly thick.

Have you ever heard of a HAI iron? It is a ceramic straightening iron that is not very damaging at all and it will make your hair pin straight and very smooth and silky. First you spray a heat protectant or shine spray (I use Biosilk Shine On) on each section of hair, then run the iron down and presto! Smoother, silker hair. The one drawback is that it`s about $95 but it will last you a very long time and it is incredibly worth it. If you want to get a cheaper iron, try a Hot Tools one. It`s not ceramic and it might be more damaging, but it will do basically the same thing. They are much cheaper (about $40??) and you can buy it at Ulta.

I`m not really sure if there is a creme or product to "thin" hair. You could go to your hairstylist and ask them to razor cut your hair into layers. It`s supposed to lighten the hair considerably and it looks really cute!

HTH! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2002 at 1:44pm
thanks for answering
madjas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 12:43pm
I also have very thick hair. My soultion is a short cut (like Halle Berry`s length), then I have it texturized (they use scissors like pinking shears), which takes most of the weight out of it. Styling is 5 minutes in the morning and everyone says how glam I always look! I used to spend 45 minutes in the morning fighting with my hair!

Hair products-- I use Volumax gel/pomade, I just wish they sold it in a larger tub!
threejobs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 7:17pm
it sounds like a cool solution but short hair does not suit me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic