Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QUICK CURLS BEFORE SCHOOL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUICK CURLS BEFORE SCHOOL!
    Posted: September 02 2002 at 5:31pm
Hey everyone,

School starts tomorrow, so post your curling routines in the morning, or the night before!

I need a quick, easy, time efficiant hair curling routine, so I have a rough idea of when I should wake up to do my hair before school starts!

Ahhhha. School. Morning. Wrong.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2002 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Stinka Stinka wrote:

Hey everyone,

School starts tomorrow, so post your curling routines in the morning, or the night before!

I need a quick, easy, time efficiant hair curling routine, so I have a rough idea of when I should wake up to do my hair before school starts!

erm,....if u want georgious curls.......there is no "quick efficient way" of achieving them:
curls take time, u need a lot of time and patience to achieve the perfect curls...

I`ld say, either:

(1) in the morning, have a shower, wahs ur hair, then while hair is still wet, apply a heat activating product, or another type of product, to protect ur hair from the heat... then use a curling iron and curl the whole of ur head of hair...then apply a hair spray to ur hair to set the style : this will take about....... one and a half hours..

OR

(2) the night before, have a shower, n wahs ur hair... then while hair is stil soaking wet, after uve come out the shower, apply a good serum such as kerastase serum to ur hair.... and then seperate ur hair into about 30sections...and plait each section...
then go to sleep: in the morning, open the plaits and u will have curly hair (",) apply a hair spray or somert to ur hair in the morning as well to set the style : this will take about 20mins in the morning to open all the plaits.

Both wayz r good for achieving curls....just depends how much time really u have in the morning...or like to wake up early in the morning etc.

:)
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Corkscrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkscrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2002 at 7:50am
You could always set you hair the night before and sleep in the curlers or shapers or whatever you might use.

How much curl are you looking for? It won`t take 90 minutes to just put some bounce in your hair with a larger curling iron ... just the smaller curl you want the longer it will take obviously with a curling iron.

Good luck!
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2002 at 5:55pm
Thanks everyone.

I`m just looking for a scrunched look. Thats about as curly as my hair gets, and I`m partial to leaving with my hair wet. It air-dries really quickly, and I am hesitant to adding heat to my hair, for it is already heat damaged.

I`m looking to wear my hair curly a lot now-a-days, because I don`t want to out heat to it, and my hair is naturally curly/wavey.

Thanks.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 8:23am
hey same here!

ive decided im gunna start styling my hair curly from now on... coz its damaged.... ( its been relaxed) im not really sure how to achieve the look tho

i want big curls like in britneys video "boys"
like this: anyone know how to create these?:

http://www.wobpictures.com/details.php?image_id=5410
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
lissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Stinka Stinka wrote:

Hey everyone,

Hi, I just read the Curly Girl Book by Massey and she had some great suggestions on how to get your hair curly/wavy depending on the texture of your hair. She explains in detail what products to use (which are very simple and inexpensive) and the proper technique to use for your specific hair type. Curls respond best when you keep you hair extremely moisturized - She only does condition washes - no shampoo - and applies a gel when her hair is wet and does not touch it. No hairsprays, no alcohol (Cetryl alcohol is okay) and suggest spritzing your hair with water and lavender oil in the morning to activitate your curls. Many times we use too many products and I find her suggestions very easy and simple and good for the hair. Too remove build up she mixes lemon juice with condition and washes her hair with this. The secret behind all her suggestions is to keep you hair moisturized. There are also products out called Ocean Waves by John Frieda (I believe its him) that she recommends that have salt water in them and essential oils. I have seen them at CVS - Ever notice how great your hair looks after a day at the beach - curls are nicely defined and separated. I think it has to do with the combination of suntan oil and ocean water.

Hope you had a great first day back at school!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic