Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bangs for curly hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangs for curly hair?
    Posted: January 10 2003 at 10:23am
Now that I`m getting a little older I`d like to get bangs to cover all those nasty wrinkles showing up on my forehead. My hair is very curly but fine--think Andie McDowell. I`ve always been afraid the bangs would curl up & look silly. Does anyone out there have bangs with this kind of hair? How does it look? Please help!
Chrissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2003 at 2:39pm
I have really curly hair and bangs....bangs arent bad with that kinda hair but ur gonna have to straighten them everyday.....and ive found that in the humidity my bangs curl a lot thats why im trying to grow them out...
Chrissy
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 3:35pm
I tried bangs once and didn't have the best results. At first I didn't mind too much but after about a week of straightening I was really fed up. On humid days sometimes they wouldn't even go straight at all and I would just be left with a little wad of frizz on my forehead. I do like the look though, if you're able to get them straight.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
Hairworker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairworker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 12:59pm
You can spot straighten bangs so that they behave. Or you can do the old 60s trick of using scotch tape and taping your bangs down to your forehead to hold straight. This doesn''t work well on oily skin but otherwise it does work pretty well. I tried a home straightening kit on my bangs and it worked well. Besides, they grow out fast so if you don''t like the look, it is very temporaryl.
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 4:04pm
Why not just let your bangs curl, instead of having straight bangs with a curly head? As I've been growing my hair out, I've let my bangs curl along with everything else, and no kidding, I get the most positive comments when I let a few curly bangs hang over my forehead--even though I'm in my early forties! They're kinda sexy and very feminine.
Hairworker View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairworker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 6:34am
Yes, just letting bangs "do their own thing" is definitely a great way to go. I applaud anyone that flows with their hair. :-)
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 2:02pm
See now that's what I was thinking of doing (I'm very low maintenance & if I have to straighten anything it's just not gonna happen). So Vicki, you like the bangs? What do you do w/them when you put your hair up? I don't suppose you have a pic or know of a pic I could look at? I've had the same hairstyle for the last 20 years & am a little nervous about changing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic