Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly hair air-dry procedure.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly hair air-dry procedure.
    Posted: January 25 2003 at 9:32pm
Hello, all.

I enjoy the way my curls turn out. I don`t diffuse my hair -- it air dries and goes curly. My only probelm is that it frizzes out a bit after it dries. Can anyone recommend any gels, pommades or procedures to get rid of them?

Thanks. ^_^
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Mithfenwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithfenwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2003 at 6:13pm
Try Zero Frizz Quick Fix Glistening Mist. It works so so well! It has a nice scent too! I really like the results...then ya don't have to fry your hair with a dryer either =D
In Christ,
Mithfenwen
Tiffany JE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany JE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 7:22pm
Comb through conditioner esp.where it frizzes a lot, with a wide-tooth comb. I had this problem, but for some reason, it only happened a couple times, then just went away. Maybe weather or something. Anyway, don't use hot water on it either. I tried gel but it made it all crappy. It felt like vasaline in my hair and in some places it was all greasy, and others all frizzy. Then, I got Suave Mousse for volume and more managible hair..i couldnt spell managibility..heh..and that's probably not even right. The mousse worked really well anyway :) I've been afraid to try pomades n stuff, because of the fact that it looks like wax in a container. Not too crazy about trying it.
Tiffany J.E.
'Make one day a good day and
others can follow"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2003 at 12:26am
Hi fellow curler,

I have discovered Curly Sexy Curl Power!

It is Incredible!!!

It is by Sexy Hair Concepts sold only in salons.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Stevi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 8:44pm
I would recomend using John frieda and/or infusium 23 formula. And for Shampoo Pantene Pro-v hydrating curl works so well!!!!!
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 9:37am
I like Curlfriends Curl Creme. I just add a dab after my hair is completely dry, and it takes care of the frizzies for me. Also, once you wash and condition your hair, towel dry it, comb through with your wide-tooth, and then don't touch it at all until it's dry. That, in my opinion, is the best way to get no frizz. If you want some lift at the top, clip it up near the roots with those tiny little butterfly clips and let it dry that way. Gives it a very nice shape.
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 9:45am
I must say that NOT touching my hair at all while is drying has done the NO FRIZZ ZONE for me! I also had the problem as the original poster that once my hair dried it would get frizzy. But now, not one frizz. I love it.

I also started using LOREAL CurlVive(I think that's the name). Afterwards I just used some Biosilk and spray some Hair Insurance....and NO TOUCH! And my hair looks a lot better. Hope that helps.
Yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 3:37pm
try Sebastian potion 9 and Redken Outshine when it is dry.
Laurenb02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurenb02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 11:35pm
When my curly hair is still wet, I spray on Loreal VIVE spray gel and it holds it. It says on the bottle that it fights frizz in humidity, and it works ok for me. Try it sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic