Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Product=chunky curls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meghangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meghangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product=chunky curls?
    Posted: May 14 2003 at 1:24am
Hey guys! I am new to this forum but it looks like the place to be for hair information. I am trying to wear my naturally wavy hair...well wavy! I am looking for a product that will help the waves/curles clump together and look more defined. I HATE when my hair dries and it has gel in it. The curls sort of seperate and look thin. It also looks fruzzy and just yucky. I want a nice, chunky curled look. How does one achieve this? Can anyone recomend some good products I can put in my hair? (I live in Canada so stuff that's available here would be appreciated!) Thanks guys!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2003 at 9:37am
I have naturally wavy hair. When I wear it wavy, I use the very lightest gels I can find, for definition without crunchiness. Loreal Studio makes a gel they call "anti-frizz", to which I add water in my hands to make it even lighter. I also like Biolage Glaze, but again, I add water to lighten the product even further. Less is more, the more you use the crunchier your hair will be when it dries.

I also use Redken Anti-Snap as a defrizzer, using a very light touch. If I put a little too much, the hair gets gel-crunchy.

Another thing that helps me is fluffing my hair out with my fingers after it's dry. That cuts out any residual crunchiness from the gels.

[/url]

Scarlet Ribbons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Ribbons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2004 at 2:15am
I like potion #9, I believe it's by Sebastien. It helps define the curls, but isn't crunchy. You can also take sections of your hair and twist them, which helps a little bit.
Everything is a test to see what you
will do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic