Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair questions...
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 2:23am
hello, again!

i apologize for posting pretty much the same questions over and over again...but, i don't feel as though i have any other choice.

to sum up the nightmare i've been living the last ten months...

i colored my naturally curly, medium-to-dark brown hair jet black...

two days later -- i chemically straightened my recently colored hair.

almost instantly after having applied straightener i felt my scalp burning.

i attempted to wash it out with herbal essences shampoo (i did not use any conditioner when trying to wash out the straightener).

i then consulted a hairstylist...and had my hair cut off -- to around a number #2 guard on the clippers.

i then let my hair grow...and it came back black...and still straight.

then i cut it all off again...

it came back a darker brown...still straight...and was now coning in the middle of my head.

then i cut it all of again...

now, it appears as though there is a cross-like pattern on the top of my head where the hair is growing in patchy? does that make sense? it's been ten months already...once hair is fried, are you screwed for life?

i don't know if i have dandruff or not, but, my hair feels incredibly dry and brittle ... especially on the middle portion of the top of my head.

would head and shoulders be good.

i had -- before i messed it up - curly hair... is curly hair dry?

i'm also a white male. seventeen years old. any help would be good, thanks.
Molly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 6:04pm
Hi,
Im not sure whats up with your hair because I'm only 13. Anyways if you do have dandruff I suggest you use t-gel. Head and shoulders didn't work for me it made my dandruff worse. But t-gel worked wonders!
Hermione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 7:55am
Have you been to see your doctor recently? I would have a full bloodwork panel done, and especially have your thyroid tested. Low levels of thyroid hormone can make your hair dry and brittle. It sounds like there is something more wrong that just your hair. If you cut it to the roots and let it grow back, it shouldn't still be showing damage and signs of the processing you did on it.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Breitni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breitni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2003 at 10:19am
You are so dumb. What do I have the best hair.
YO MAMA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic