Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not your common curly hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not your common curly hair...
    Posted: May 20 2003 at 9:00am
Ok, here it goes. I have curly frizzy dry fine hair! Yes, you heard right, FINE hair! It seems to be a problem as most products/boards/suggestions I find for curly hair are for curly thick hair.

Anyone has any suggestions on what products to use for curly fine hair to get rid of frizz and dryness.
Thanks in advance to all you great curls!

periwinklemermaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote periwinklemermaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 5:01pm
I have EXACTLY the same thing! My entire head of hair fits into those little pigtail holders (that's 1-inch diameter un-stretched). But if I brush it when dry - we're talkin a real 'fro!!

I find that products that tame thick hair's curls work great for mine, and then for extra "body" I use mouse. Not "more volume" body like straight-haired people think, but manageable-weight-ness body. I can't explain very well...

For specific products, I'll copy and paste off of what I said is a different message

Quote My favorite product line of all time has to be Frizz Ease by John Freida. The serum is MAGICAL. You will LOVE it I promise!! I've also had success with several Aussie products, like Dewplex leave in conditioner/styler in one, and different pomades.

My problem is that after a while my hair gets too used to the products, so my recommendation is once you run out of something, go and buy something different. Sometimes you'll end up with products that don't work well, but if you overuse great products they won't work at all.

In addition to that, the Frizz Ease Corrective Mousse if FABULOUS, but after using it everyday for about 6 months it stopped working - and still won't work as well as it once did.

Currently, I mix-it-up daily between a few different products:
Python Polish, a serum by a local boutique; Dewplex; Hair FX Curl Amplifyer, a goo that's almost a gel; LA LOOKS Style Curly pump mouse; and various other free samples I have lying around.

I hope that helped!!
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 4:15pm
Same thing here--thick, very curly, but also very fine.

Oudad's Curl Quencher shampoo & conditioner is really good. Also Phytologie & Alterna both make a slew of products specifically for curls.

Usually when I get out of the shower I put a quarter sized dollop of Rusk's Sheer Brilliance (a silicone gloss) and finger comb it through my hair, then wrap my head in a towel while I finish my morning routine. Then when I'm ready to style I towel dry a little more & put a dime sized dollop of either Ouidad's Clear Control or Phytologie's Beauty Cream (both pomades) & comb throughout my hair. Then I scrunch a little & finish off with a few spritzes of Rusk's Shining (a very light finishing gloss). Then I blow dry--using a diffuser with extended fingers so I can dry my roots without drying out my ends.

alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 7:14pm
I've never heard of the diffuser with the "fingers"...What is it used for?
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 2:12pm
Most diffusers have fingers, they're just plastic spikes inside the diffuser. The diffuser I have has fingers that extend beyond the end of the round part so you can use it for styling--it's almost like a really wide tooth comb at the end of the hair dryer.

It helps dry close to the roots, which helps keep the hair healthy since it directs heat to the underneath of your hair instead of the ends, which tend to dry quickly anyway.
sunspell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunspell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 4:02pm
Hi... As I just posted a product alert, I still thought I better get back to you.... Check out www.jessicurl.com .. her hair is fine too and beautiful thanks to the products she made. I love her stuff and can't tell you how I made it this far without them! And, unlike Ouidad, she is ultra concerned with her product ingredients and the environment... all testing done on friends! ;) Really .. check it out you be grateful/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic