Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Avoiding heat damage from ceramic straighteners?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avoiding heat damage from ceramic straighteners?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pompompurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pompompurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avoiding heat damage from ceramic straighteners?
    Posted: June 05 2003 at 1:54pm
Hi,
has anyone got any recs for products to protect hair against styling heat from straightening irons? preferably products that are alcohol-free, moisturising and available in the UK. I'm not asking much
Thanks!
Experimenter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experimenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 8:35am
I don't know if this is available in the UK but V05 hot oil treatments (usually at drugstores in shampoo area) are great for dried out hair
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 9:19pm
There are a number of products you can use to protect the hair from the straight iron.

Big Sexy-Soya want flat hair.
Redken- Spray Starch
Paul Mitchell- Heat Seal

Are just a few. The whole key is to spray the product on the hair right before you iron
Example: Comb a small section to be ironed, spray the product, then iron. It does not have to dry completely.

Good Luck!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 3:51pm
do you really need protection from a ceramic iron? i thought having ceramic iron was you didn't have to worry about damage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic