Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bad curly frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
veronica814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veronica814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad curly frizzy hair
    Posted: June 27 2004 at 8:26pm
hey everyone!!
well as u probly guessed i have curly frizzy hair!! im sure many of us have that problem im sure one of us has a solution!!! my hair wet looks fine i actually love it alot but...when it dries.....u couldnt imagin!!! it looks terrible i tried gel anti frizzie stuff and ive had my hair relaxed!! but i cant afford to go out of town to get it done every 3 months..im only 15 lol! but i think curly hair is a blessing...but a curse!! i need to get ideas on how to make it mangible i want people to see my natural curls but with out the frizz!! leave in condtioners anything !! i need ideas pleaze help!!! and does ne one have and styles to i would truly appertiate it!! thanx abunch !! ps and its ok before i comb it but after its pretty bad does ne one have ideas about that??
veronica
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2004 at 9:03am
hi veronica! i think most of us curly haired guys and gals know about the love/hate relationship with our curly hair! i'm 23 and have been "dealing" with my curly hair since i was about 13. First of all, here are a few suggestions:

Curly hair shoul only be combed with a wide toothed comb while in the shower after applying a conditioner. Combing in the shower with conditioner in it will help prevent broken ends. it can also be combed thru after applying hair products, never comb after dry, it will just make it super frizzy.

A worthwhile shampoo and conditiner is the L'Oreal Smooth Intense, it really helps with the frizzies. Or, Matrix makes a line that "smooths" the hair also. You may be suprised how much of a difference your shampoo and conditioner can make. A great leave in conditioner is Infusium 23. it's not too heavy but very moisturizing. Frizz Ease Wind Down Cream by John Frieda helps take out some frizzies. I love Tresseme Mega Hold hair gel, it is alcohol free and really defines my curls. A wax also can help "mold" your curls. Be sure to deep condition at least every other week.

Don't be afraid to use more than one product at a time on your hair. At any given time, i usually have a combination of 3 products on my hair. Never use products with alcohol as an ingredient. this only encourages frizzies. Air dry your hair when possible but if you must blow-dry, do so on low and buy a diffuser attachment for your dryer. This is the real, bowl shaped attachment with "fingers" in the middle. You can usually find it at Sallys' Beauty Supply. While your hair is drying and after it is dry, refrain from running your fingers thru your curls. Separating your curls while drying or after dry will make it look frizzier.

Hope i was of some help and good luck with your hair!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
seasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 5:31pm
hi, i am an afro american. just wanted to mention there's a book out there that's very popular amongst wavy and curly haired women called CURLY GIRL by lorraine massey. she recommends doing conditioner only washes (no shampoo) where you clean your hair with a cheap conditioner by gobbing it on and then letting it sit for a minute then rinse.

be careful... life is bitter sweet. we are living in a world of hate

http://www.napturalglory.com

thick naptural hair worn in twists, flat twists, or bantu knots. products: organic refined coconut oil and hair tea.

JESUS Rules!
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 10:50am
Yeah i read curly girl. Its a good book! I think the key for dealing with curly hair is keeping it healthy, it keeps the curls more uniform, and less frizzy and dry. I've tried John Frieda's Frizz Ease extra strenght formula...awesome! It just smoothes out your hair. Good luck!
nonnymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nonnymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 11:13am
I've actually found that shorter styles and layers work better at controling my frizz!
michelle77777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 8:00pm
hey curly girl,
another product which is really inexpensive and you should consider is a cordless heatcap. It allows your conditioning products to penetrate your hair..You do need heat, but not a hairdryer heat. The Microhaircap cordless heatcap has a steamy heatcap effect..it's washable and reusable,,so you'll save lots of money and get the results YOU need!! it's awesome..check it out!
michelle :0)
JeMi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeMi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2004 at 4:09pm
ok.. here is what i do to manage my curly hair. my hair is really thick.. about shoulder legnth. after i shampoo my hair with "Motions" (yellow bottle.you can get at any beuty mart) i use any conditioner i can get my hands on. but anyway.. STEP1.Grease.(i know this cloggs your pores, but just remember to use a deep conditioner to clear that out later) STEP 2. 911 Heat Protector.(this sort of makes your hair lighter and bouncier) STEP 3. sit under a hair dryer if u have one. they work better than a blow dryer. sit under until your hair is dry. when u get up, your hair will be light with a shiny gloss from the grease. simply beautiful!
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 12:28pm
Leave-ins: Infusium23 is good but sebastian's potion #9 is better and also aloe vera cream conditioner works fabulous as well. Oils: Jojoba, dabur amla, coconut, sweet almond oil, carrot oil and olive oil. Best of luck to ya.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Goosy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2004 at 7:12pm
Brand new to the board!

Has anyone ever tried using baby oil in their hair? Someone turned me on to this when I was in jr high and I've been doing it ever since. I use styling gel and then follow up with baby oil thru-out my hair. I use the Aloe & Vitamin E kind. I don't know what kind of damage I could be doing to my hair, but it cures my frizzies and makes my hair shiny but not greasy looking. Any criticisms of this?
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 6:56pm
I use baby oil gel too, it cant be bad, its oils! My biggest frustration is also that my hair is beautiful when wet, when it dries it is horribly frizzy and puffy. Ive tried frizz ease extra strength its pretty good. Flat ironing or blow drying is tedious and doesnt come out looking good. Gets shabby. Worst part of all just got my hair chopped off by accident by my mom, like 12 inches and my curl went, its all puff and frizz.
With curly hair it seems like theres so much frizz involved that you need to make it straight and curl it all over.
Thanks for sharing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic