Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I get another perm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CurlyGurly05 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurly05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I get another perm?
    Posted: August 03 2004 at 3:33pm
I got a perm about a year ago, and it's lasted pretty long. But it's now starting to grow out and it's just a tangled mess, it's really not even curls anymore..just bad waves. So usually I just take a spiral curling iron and curl ALL of my hair, which takes FOREVER!! I'm wondering, it's been a year.. should I get another perm?
Also, what kind of hair cut would give me the most volume with a perm?? Thank you to everyone that replies!!
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 10:27am
i would never suggest someone to put chemicals in their hair unless i know the condition. How did your hair react with the first perm? What is your hair condition now? Healthly, dry, damaged? If you do decide to perm, be sure to get your hair in top-notch condition with deep conditioning treatments before-hand.

As for the best cut for volume, how long is your hair and how thick? Layers would definately give you added volume; i've always had layers in my curly hair (long and short) and love the volume that comes from layers. Some say layers are a no-no but as long as your hair is not extremely thin, you should be OK.
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
Precious Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 3:07pm
My mom gets her hair permed I would say once a year and it works for her.. maybe twice a year but thats a big maybe.. Not sure what kind she gets but she goes to the same salon everytime where they know what kind she uses and all that. If you trust the stylist that does your hair go talk to her and see what she thinks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic