Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wet looking hair (please help)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theclasher92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theclasher92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wet looking hair (please help)
    Posted: September 17 2004 at 9:34pm
(heh, that sounded desperate) hey all, i posted this in the general hair forum thingy, but only one person was nice enough to respond...but here's what i wrote: well, alright, i haven't gotten a haircut in 11 months (8 inches) now, it's thick, curly, and people used to say it was wiry, but now it's pretty soft. it spirals and everything, kinda like a jew-fro when it's dry (no slur intended), which i'm fairly happy with most of the time. But, i love my hair when it's wet, it looks so much longer, and it still does corkscrews, except tighter and less obvious, it hangs free and everything, but after 2 hours, it starts frizzing out and starts looking terrible. i've tried a few gels, only one of which had directions for wet looking hair, and they only managed to keep the shape of it, but most of it just receded back to its natural curls instead of the whole dangling thing and it doesn't look wet at all. i tried just wetting my hair between classes, but that was totally embarassing in how it got my shirt wet, left my hair dripping, and i couldn't distribute it evenly around my head, so it was dry in some places, wet in others...a complete disaster. so that idea's dead, any products you guys recommend? one thing that i think makes my hair look better when it's wet is that the water kinda pulls it down, so i guess i would need a heavy gel that would weigh it down? i dunno, any help will deeply appreciated
Goosy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 4:29pm
I can only tell you what I do with my hair. I have thick, curly, dry hair. I put in either mousse or gel depending on my mood and then I put in some Vitamin E baby oil. I figure that vitamin E is good for my skin, why not my hair?

Warning: too much and your hair looks oily. I put just enough in to make it shiny. It also weighs down my hair a little and makes it less frizzy.

I expect that somone might say that baby oil is a bad thing to put in your hair. But I've been doing this for ten years. I get lots of compliments on my hair.
curlyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 2:48am
Two words: Sebastian Wet

When my hairstylist turned me on to this stuff... I never went back!

Just make sure that when you apply it, try to massage it into your hair with your fingers, and not your palms. Using your palms to massage it in will just make it look greasy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic