Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have cancer and my doctor is making me take kimo...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have cancer and my doctor is making me take kimo...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jollypepper View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollypepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have cancer and my doctor is making me take kimo...
    Posted: October 11 2004 at 8:56pm
As you know kimo makes your hair fall out...my doctor says it would be best for me to go through the therapy. i'm kinda scared for many reasons...i know my friends will understand...but what about all the other peoplein my high school? what will they say of they see some random bald girl walking around?... i really don't know what to do...do you have any ideas...should i wear a wig...a hat...a head piece? oh...god...this is so awkard for me to talk about this...
Please help me with your suggestions....
Thank you so much.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 7:59am
I recommend a hat- but check first to see if the school will allow it! We had a girl in our school that went through chemo last year and as a "stand up and support" there was about 12-15 girls that buzzed their hair off to show support. You donot always lose your hair with chemo. My sister in law's brother didnot. You can also try wigs---they come in fun colors and styles. Good luck to ya! I KNOW that you can lick this problem! You hang in there! We are all on your side!!!!! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollypepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 10:45pm
my doctor said i could get my hair cut and have a wig made out of it for myself...so no one has to know...
I'm getting done tomorrow...i'm so scared...
i'll be so afraid to look in the mirror...
Thank you for your help...that's really cool that people at your school shaved their heads to support her...that would be so cool if people did that for me...my best friend who has the longest and prettiest hair ever said she was gonna do it...i yelled at her and begged her not to....lol...
nubian_newbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nubian_newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 12:18pm
jollypepper,

i know people who have been where you are and they chose to have purchase a realistic wig. this made a huge difference in how they saw themselves. you can also buy an unfinished wig (at the regular wig store) and have your stylist create a style that suits you! i don't know if you're a spiritual person, but you might find encouragement/strength in an EXCELLENT teaching by Andrew Wommack. It's called "God Wants You Well" available on awmi.net It is a GREAT teaching and he is a wonderful minister. God Bless You, and I will add you to my prayer list if it's okay with you.

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jollypepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 7:42pm
Thank you so much...all of you. It makes me feel safer when I know people out there care about me...
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 11:00pm
Listen DONT get Chemo, or cut yoru hair. Your doctoer sounds strange telling you to cut your hair. Even if you did loose your hair you could get w ig without having to go thru more trauma of cutting it off.
It's bad enough you have cancer. I feel for you.
All i could do and it maybe too alte is say look into alternative medicine and eastern medicien first.
Im not saying dont listen to your doctoer but dot rush into anything check out asain herbs, Accupuncture. Qi Gon,
Read the book "Food is a Wonder Medicine" by Dr. Neal Bernard.
Look into macrobiotics which has been proven to put cancer into remission. And remember chemno kills good and bad cells. Our medicine here doesnt prevent disease.
PUPPYLOVE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PUPPYLOVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 12:54pm
OH MY GOD!!! HANG IN THERE HUN!!! YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH THIS!!! MY SISTER HAD CANCER AND SHE'S JUST FINE NOW...SHE WAS STRONG...AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO BE STRONG TOO!!!
SHE WENT THROUGH CHEMO TOO, BUT HER HAIR ONLY TOOK A COUPLE MONTH TO GROW BACK...DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT A THING HUN!
PUPPYLOVE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PUPPYLOVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2004 at 12:55pm
OH MY GOD!!! HANG IN THERE HUN!!! YOU KNOW YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!!! MY SISTER HAD CANCER AND SHE'S JUST FINE NOW...SHE WAS STRONG...AND YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO BE STRONG TOO!!!
SHE WENT THROUGH CHEMO TOO, BUT HER HAIR ONLY TOOK A COUPLE MONTH TO GROW BACK...DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT A THING HUN!
dINGdONG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dINGdONG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 8:28pm
You'll get through it babe!!! We're all on your side!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic