Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ahhh!!! Horror!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Youngin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahhh!!! Horror!
    Posted: December 06 2004 at 10:11pm
I'm only 15 and my hair is suddenly falling out in masses!!! And it's not just a few hairs here and there getting stuck to my jacket...It's full on masses!!! I run my hand through my hair hand there's big chunks coming out!!! Lately my hair has been getting a lot thinner too!
Is this normal? I mean...do we have a shedding season??Like animals? Or is it the weather? Or is it that I need to cut it (although it's only shoulder length)
Please help!!! I'de like to get my thick healthy hair back!!
XOXOXO
~me
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 5:00pm
Hey sweetie,

Don't cut it. Fallout doesn't mean you should cut it.

(1) Humans do have a shedding season, but it's usually in the fall. Maybe yours is a little late.

(2) The other possibility is your hormones (after all, you're 15 and likely to experience fluctuations) when I was in high school I went through a period of immense hair loss.. but it wasn't net hair loss, if you know what I mean. The number of hairs per square inch did not change.

(3) Or... on a more serious note, your thyroid might be going crazy on you. This is not as common as the other factors, though, so this is if you're completely sure you're losing volume.

Measure the circumference of your ponytail. Wait a month or so, and measure it again. If there is a loss difference, you'll want to see your doc about the thyroid, or maybe it's something else.

Anais
Youngin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 5:03pm
Thank you so much for your help!!! My mom said the same thing! That it's normal to have a "shedding season"! LOL...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic