Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Ideas for some Long Hair Styles For Wedding
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Ideas for some Long Hair Styles For Wedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pamela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Ideas for some Long Hair Styles For Wedding
    Posted: June 05 2001 at 10:27pm
I have waist length hair. Any suggestions would be great. My wedding is in September and I want to do it myself. So easy would be best.

Thanks in advance.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2001 at 7:09am
Reply to message: 11.34.1
Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I guess the first thing that I have to ask you is whether you have your dress picked out? Depending on whether you are going for a romantic look, a more trendy look or somewhere in between impacts the style that you wear with your hair.

For a romantic look you can do a half up/half down look where the crown is gathered in a soft ponytail and then curled with a curling iron to create long ringlets that cascade down the back of your hair. You can then curl the "down" section of your hair and get both height and curls combined with romance.

Or you can do a halfup/half down where you pin a few fat loops at the back of the crown and then let the rest of your hair flow in shiny waves down your back.

For a more sophisticated look there are hair knots and tiny looped accent braids. Rolls are also hot right now although more retro.

Bottom line, there are tons of things you can do with long hair, the key is figuring out the overall look you want to achieve and then how to get the look.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
CarriAnneNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarriAnneNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2001 at 12:19am
Hi Pamela,

Congratulations on your wedding!! Coincidentally, I just bought a magazine yesterday called Bridal Star Hairstyles, celebrity hairstyles special #28 (Harris Publications)... I`m not getting married, but I fell in love with the Rapunzel hairstyle featured on page 20 of this magazine. The woman in the picture also has waist-length hair, and this is EXACTLY the hairstyle that I`ve been trying to explain to anyone who will listen... this is my dream style, but right now my hair is only bra-strap length, and nowhere near as curly.

This Rapunzel style is a mass of volumous curls, not too tight, not too loose, but perfect. They got the style by twisting sections of hair and setting them diagonally on medium Caruso rollers. Then it says to remove the rollers, separate each section into 4 pieces and work polish (?) through each one. Twist the front section up and back, pin in place, and create a crown of baby`s breath by knotting the flowers through the hair`s length. (The front pic shows a little "crown" effect of baby`s breath, while the back pic shows sprigs of baby`s breath placed here and there within the curls themselves.)

The other style is long and straight (same model)... hair is blown out straight, pieces are looped around through the crown in an abstract design with some narrow strands left dangling in front of her face. I know that sounds confusing!

There are other pics of celebs with long hair, not as long as waist, but there`s lots of ideas on how to incorporate all different types of veils, flowers, tiaras, etc. into wedding hairstyles.

This magazine should still be on display... there`s no date on it, and the masthead says it`s published 2x a year @ $3.95 a copy. I can`t find them online, though. This issue has a huge pic of Days of Our Lives star Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) on the cover, if that helps to locate it.

I hope these ideas are helpful. Good luck!!!
CarriAnne NYC
CarriAnne NYC
way2flirty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote way2flirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2001 at 12:57pm
Reply to message: 11.39.1
quote:

CarriAnneNYC originally wrote:
Hi Pamela,

Congratulations on your wedding!! Coincidentally, I just bought a magazine yesterday called Bridal Star Hairstyles, celebrity hairstyles special #28 (Harris Publications)... I'm not getting married, but I fell in love with the Rapunzel hairstyle featured on page 20 of this magazine. The woman in the picture also has waist-length hair, and this is EXACTLY the hairstyle that I've been trying to explain to anyone who will listen... this is my dream style, but right now my hair is only bra-strap length, and nowhere near as curly.

This Rapunzel style is a mass of volumous curls, not too tight, not too loose, but perfect. They got the style by twisting sections of hair and setting them diagonally on medium Caruso rollers. Then it says to remove the rollers, separate each section into 4 pieces and work polish (?) through each one. Twist the front section up and back, pin in place, and create a crown of baby's breath by knotting the flowers through the hair's length. (The front pic shows a little "crown" effect of baby's breath, while the back pic shows sprigs of baby's breath placed here and there within the curls themselves.)

The other style is long and straight (same model)... hair is blown out straight, pieces are looped around through the crown in an abstract design with some narrow strands left dangling in front of her face. I know that sounds confusing!

There are other pics of celebs with long hair, not as long as waist, but there's lots of ideas on how to incorporate all different types of veils, flowers, tiaras, etc. into wedding hairstyles.

This magazine should still be on display... there's no date on it, and the masthead says it's published 2x a year @ $3.95 a copy. I can't find them online, though. This issue has a huge pic of Days of Our Lives star Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) on the cover, if that helps to locate it.

I hope these ideas are helpful. Good luck!!!
CarriAnne NYC

you should do this hairstyle I have the exact same magazine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic