Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is It Possible To Get An Updo w/ Really Short Hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is It Possible To Get An Updo w/ Really Short Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarah James View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is It Possible To Get An Updo w/ Really Short Hair?
    Posted: April 03 2002 at 11:30pm
I am getting married in June and my hair is only about 3 inches long. I want an updo but my stylist said there is no way w/out add-on hair or extensions. Does that seem right? Any suggestions would help.

Sarah
Princess Daisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2002 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Sarah James Sarah James wrote:

I am getting married in June and my hair is only about 3 inches long. I want an updo but my stylist said there is no way w/out add-on hair or extensions. Does that seem right? Any suggestions would help.

Sarah

You can twist the front of your hair back (or braid it back), and spike out the back of your hair. (well the back you won`t really see if you have a vail on).
Hair extensions are nice, if they`re put in properly! But do you really want to look "fake" on your wedding???
Inches don`t matter
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2002 at 6:04pm
CUrl all your hair with rollers or a curling iron. Then tease the top and sides in a back direction. Smooth out the teased sections and pull back with bobby pins (the teasing will help hold the hair back). Arrange the curls to hide the pins, then spray with hairspray. You can do this all the way around your hair in a circle or just the sides and fluff up the top. Use a strong hold hair spray to keep in place. You might want to tease the back a little too if it doesn`t "look" right. Hope this makes sense.
~*~*Lisa*~*~
txteen251 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txteen251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 9:33pm

Sarah

i`m sorry, but if you wedding is in june, why don`t you just grown your hair out. unless it grows really slow you will be able to do most anything with it! good luck with whatever you do!
txteen251 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txteen251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2002 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by txteen251 txteen251 wrote:

Sarah

i'm sorry, but if you wedding is in june, why don't you just grown your hair out. unless it grows really slow you will be able to do most anything with it! good luck with whatever you do!

Opps, i just saw the date! lol
JessicaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2002 at 1:23pm
Yes I would suggest growing it out a little to before your wedding, but if your hair does grow slow extentions wouldn`t be such a bad idea, that`s if someone knows how to do them well without any lines of demacation. My hair was also pretty short when I got married last June but bobby pins and hair spray work wonders :) I would also suggest looking at magazines (wedding) you might find an updo or style with close to your length hair. Good luck on your special day :)!!!
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 12:28am
Finger waves and a wreath of tiny white roses?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic