Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cosmetology student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessicaRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessicaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cosmetology student
    Posted: December 08 2002 at 1:16pm
Hi Im new to hair talk :) I was just writing to see if anyone else out there is in cosmetology school ? I started at the end of October 2002 and should be getting my licence around Sept. of 2003. So far I am having really enjoying the program. Anyhow I have a lot of reseach to do for school because Im going to a community college and they require a lot of that, so if anyone knows of any good hair websites please let me know. Thanks!
Neffette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neffette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2002 at 9:23pm
Hey Jessicca_ Kudos to you for starting Cos school. I just graduated October 22nd, and December 3rd- I passed my exams and got my license. I`d love to know how its going for you now that you have a couple of hours under your belt. My best friend is finishing up her last 200 hours and is looking forward to doing more than just roller sets. My advice to you is to ask as many questions as you can and try to think outside the box. My instructors got fed up with me always asking stuff not really pertaining to cos school itself but more on life at a salon, so I got a job as an apprentice at 400hours at a really good salon. It helped ALOT!! Here are some good hair sites to try:

www.behindthechair.com (Neffette`s pick)
www.substance.com
www.Vidalsassoon.com
www.hairdos.com
www.makeup411.com= message board has pros advice mainly regarding make-up but alot of hair questions and answers.
*if you want more let me know*
Also-ebay has alot of Milady stuff like books and videos

hth

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2003 at 11:50am
Hey JessicaRose: I`m not in school...Well actually yes I am, I have been in this industry for 19 years and everyday is school. Anyway welcome to the Cos Industry.

I would like to add one more website for you its kind of new but there are some great stylists there from all over the world;

www.salonsupport.com go to the tailback section.

And Hi Nefette I have seen you there, salonsupport I mean. Good to see a familiar face here.

Style On:)Sophiea
LayCJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LayCJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2004 at 9:54pm
Hey all, I am still in school. I started back in Sept of 02 and finished my 2100hr program in Oct of 03. I loved school! I met some of the best friends i could ever ask for there and probably one of the most exciting careers. Anyway, i got my state license on christmas eve.
now, i am back to school-i am going to go through the barbering program. ITS GREAT! Good luck to everyone (like me) still in school!
tropical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2004 at 10:35am
hello jessica good luck withcosmetology school hopefully everything goes well for you hope to see more of your posts about how you are getting on
tropical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2004 at 10:37am
hello sophie
how are u ???????
thank you for the advice
nice to see u again

lay cj
nice to see u again as well
hopefully you good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic