Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bridesmaid Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Terri Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bridesmaid Hair
    Posted: February 03 2003 at 12:38am
I am in a wedding in May and the bride is telling all the bridesmaids exactly how she wants us to wear our hair. Is this normal? I feel a little put off by her attitude but don't want to make waves? Has this happened to any of you? What did you do?
bridesmaid View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bridesmaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 7:29pm
I'm going to be a bridesmaid too. I don't think that the bride should be telling the bridesmaids how to wear their hair. She should only have control over the dresses they wear. I think that you should talk to the bride and tell her how you feel about how you wear your hair but don't make her get upset about it.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 7:39pm
I was a bride 2 years ago, and I suggested my bridemaids wear their hair a certain way. Of course, one of them had very short hair, so there wasn't much she could do with it.

I don't know, I did give my bridesmaids the option to do whatever they wanted. I think one of my bridesmaids did do something else... I don't even remember. I think she said the style I wanted just wouldn't work on her hair, and I never questioned that.

I suppose if the bride is paying for your hair stylist, you should probably do what she wants. Besides, your whole point of being a bridesmaid is to make her happy, so this is just something small you can do, right? Is the style really that bad?
Carmen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2003 at 10:01am
Hi! I, too, will be a bridesmaid soon. June 7th to be exact, and I don't know what to do with my hair. It is a dark brown color, sort of medium thickness, and in the back it's down a little past my shoulders, on the sides and in front its almost to my shoulders ( I'm trying to grow it out from a bad haircut about 6 months ago). I would like to wear it up, but I'm not sure if it'll be long enough. HELP Please!! :) You can email me at aphlendx@yahoo.com
Lani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 12:59am
Hey Carmen!

I too am in a wedding taking place on June 7th!!!
I'm the maid of honor and need major help in a style for my har too!! My hair is layered and curly. The shortest layer up front comes down to about my chin and longest layers in back down to the middle of my back....Any suggestions anyone?

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 2:03pm
Miss Manners and Dear Abby will tell you it is appropriate for a bride to dictate a specific style only when she is paying for all bridesmaids' styles. Personally, when I get married (hopefully within the next two years!) I will let my girls make that decision themselves. They will already have to wear matching dresses that may not be the perfet solution for their figures--an unavoidable inconvenience when you are accomodating 2-6 women with often vastly different body types.

The same goes for hair. Curly hair is different than straight, short different than long, etc. And a sleek updo might not look good on someone with a very strong jaw--she might benefit from a half 'n half style.

My aunt and uncle got married three years ago and while the dress was only bearable (understated and well-made, but not my style) I was able to do whatever I wanted with my hair. My aunt didn't care in the least what we did, and for that I was very grateful! When you're wearing the same thing as three other women, hair is one way to express your pesonality.

Of course, it's the bride who is really on display, so I would advise any bridesmaid looking for a mile-high pile of curls to make sure the finished product won't be a foot higher than the bride's hair. :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2004 at 5:38pm

I am sort of having the same problem!!

my best friends wedding is this summer and lately i have been wearing my hair in cornrows and im lovin it

if im still getting them done when its time for me to be a maid of honor is that a problem?

I mean there beautiful ( i think) but are they like i dont know Elegant? enough for a wedding?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic