Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Hair Q?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mari Beth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mari Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Hair Q?
    Posted: February 03 2003 at 1:03am
I am just about ready for my wedding in May (well, almost), except that I'm still going back and forth with how I should wear my hair. I've searched through lots & lots of photos, but most of the styles shown are for hair much shorter than my current waist length hair. I'm wearing a very formal type of dress with off-the-shoulder sleeves and a full skirt.

Does anyone have suggestions? If you have the same length of hair as me, do you have ideas about how I might wear it?
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 11:22pm
Congrats on your May wedding. I'm getting married this spring too.

I wear my hair short now but I had waist length hair and I used to wear it up on occasion.

A wedding is usually a formal occasion and unless you want to come across as a "nature girl " type and wear your hair down why not check out some websites for updos! A woman with extra-long hair like yourself would look great with her hair up! And it would look elegant, sophisticated and formal.
And isn't that what you would like at your wedding?

You could also wear some nice jewelry and earrings that could be more easily seen with your hair up!
Lady Maria
Karen Cody View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 11:09am
I am going to be the mother of the groom in September and I am having hair anxiety. I have curly hair, and right now I am struggling through a bad haircut. Two of my daughters are married, and luckily I found hair stylists in Malibu and Carmel who made my hair look good for the outdoor ceremonies, but, this affair is at home, and I am on the hunt for someone who can style curly hair, so I don't look like I stuck my finger in a socket. Just wanted to vent a little.
maria_catalina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria_catalina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2004 at 3:33pm
I think that if you are worried about your waist lenght hair why dont you just try something new like cutting some of it off....you know it would still look awesome to the middle of your back and also have a lot more options as to how to wear your hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic