Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bangs With Veil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Giselle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giselle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangs With Veil?
    Posted: April 04 2003 at 11:11pm
I have worn bangs all my life and now that I am getting married soon everyone seems to want me to wear my bangs pinned up or back or some such style. I feel naked w/out my bangs. I am wearing a tiara with a light netting attached behind it. Does anyone think bangs are a bad idea for a bride?
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 3:41pm
Are your bangs softly framing your face or are they straight and severe? Please describe them and the shape of your face.
The other factor is your wedding outfit as this will contribute to the success of the overall effect.

For example, if you have jet black hair with severe bangs, and intend to wear a traditional white lace wedding dress, it may appear incongrous. Then again, if your skin is dark, the lace is off-white and your bangs are layered, it could appear stunningly beautiful.

Of course, you are you and you don't have to look a certain way to please other people. be comfortable. But seeing as this is such an important occassion, I would advise you to "match" your wedding outfit to your normal look rather than alter your look to match the outfit.
I have seen a wonderfully avant-garde Italian bride who wore a sepia-tinted lace veil with a brown velvet and cream silk gown. Her raven hair was braided and wrapped around her head with tiny seed pearls threaded through them.
Not at all traditional, but quite magnificent, and in keeping with her normally bold personality.

What I am trying to say in my clumsy way is: whatever you look like, work with it not against it. After all, your beloved fell in love with a woman with bangs. Don't confront him with a stranger on the wedding day - show him the essence of yourself.

I'd better go now, seeing as I'm starting to get a little deep here....ha ha.

Uzma
Uzi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic