Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Grew Long Hair For Wedding & Now My Guy Says Don't Fix It Differently?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grew Long Hair For Wedding & Now My Guy Says Don't Fix It Differently?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Terri Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grew Long Hair For Wedding & Now My Guy Says Don't Fix It Differently?
    Posted: April 11 2003 at 12:29am
With my future hubby's encouragement, I grew my hair out to just slightly above my waist in plenty of time for our upcoming wedding. I love my hair at this length now and can't imagine cutting it.
As I was growing my hair, my guy loved me to try all sorts of different styles from -- barrel curls for to french braids and even a big ponytail to hang around. Heres the problem. Now that my hair is at my waist and I am trying to find photos for my wedding style my guy is telling me that he doesn't really care what "style" I wear for my wedding, just that I wear it long and loose. UGH. What a terrible dilemna. I want to look great for my guy on our wedding day but I also don't want just straight long hair. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 1:42am
Hi,

I am sure you are disappointed but keep in mind that your guy seems to love you no matter what way your wear your hair. So why not compromise and wear it partly up so you can add curls or braids or something on top and let the length remain down and add some soft curls.

Good luck to you.
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 11:43am
Wear it however you want. It's YOUR hair and it's your big day too. You definitely have some say in the matter. You grew your hair long because HE wanted you to, right? Now that you have the length, you should wear it in a style that you like. It's all about compromise.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Josie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 4:49pm
I agree. Guys can sometimes be totally unconcerned about hair which you shouldn't take personally. At least I try not to. :-)
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2003 at 4:09am
I'm a bit confused here. You say you grew your hair for your wedding, yet you don't want to wear it down? Did I get that right?

Anyway, I think Constance gave some good advice there, wearing part of it up and the rest of it down, with soft curls. That could look so good!

Best of luck, whatever you decide, and have a great wedding!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:26pm
Hey - congrats on your future wedding and that you were able to get it to waist length. I have a suggestion. Why not have it curled in lovely Raphaelite waves/curls, with pieces pulled back and maybe lots of tiny flowers weaved into the parts pulled back and into the flowing hair?

Just an idea.

jacqui
Terri Anne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:20pm
Hi Jacqui,

I love the idea of the curls and the little flowers. Thank you very much.

Terri
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 5:24am
You're welcome. I hope you post a pic when you get it done. I bet it is going to look so beautiful!

jacqui
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 5:35pm
To re-iterate the above, men are pigs, except for about 5%. I'm one of them. However, I have quite a lot of faults that aren't hair related that compensate and over-compensate.

Your body, your choice. Even anti-abortionists agree on that one as long as it's out of the abortion context :P

Hair is a beautiful thing that you should be able to do whatever you feel like with the strands, long, short, arranged or loose, it's where all the follicles are near that is important. That brain controls and decides if a person is happy or not. Don't piss off a happy person by dissing their hair. It's the fastest way to affect the current mood of the brain :P (short of whacking a head with a bat or crowbar) --- Surprised your S.O. doesn't realize this yet. He'll be part of that 5% of good guys soon once you explain it to him. Hey, if he wants to do something with hair, that he grows and plays with his own, right ? Propose that to him :P
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
hist_psych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hist_psych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2004 at 10:42pm
What style is your dress? Your dress style dictates what your hairstyle should be for the wedding. ie...if you have an a-line formal princess gown, that style dictates up, or half and half. While it is your night, you want to make sure you are picturess for your husband to be, so I suggest explaining this to him and compromising. I liked the half up half down idea with soft curls, but again, it depends on the style of the dress.
kitty2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitty2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 4:08pm
Just be happy he loves your hair. I'm getting married this spring, and before i was engaged, i chopped my hair in a bob.. Big mistake. Now i dont know what to do with myself. Seriously, i'm trying not to be harsh, but just be happy he'll love it anyway
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 1:02am
You should probably read the advice I just gave the "Can I have an updo?" girl :-) . Your situations seem to be similar.

Originally posted by kitty2 kitty2 wrote:

Just be happy he loves your hair. I'm getting married this spring, and before i was engaged, i chopped my hair in a bob.. Big mistake. Now i dont know what to do with myself. Seriously, i'm trying not to be harsh, but just be happy he'll love it anyway
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic