Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette For Hair At Wedding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Barbie Doll View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette For Hair At Wedding?
    Posted: May 15 2003 at 10:37am
Some say that you shouldn't wear white at a wedding to clash with the bride. What about hairstyles? What if you know the bride is wearing an elaborate updo with curls. Should you avoid a similar style?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 12:44pm
You know, that's a really good question. Yes, advice columnists say guests should avoid white (though last summer I attended a wedding where all the bridesmaids wore white) but I don't think there's any written rule on hairstyles. Are you a guest or in the wedding party? I don't think every person on the invitee list is assumed to know what style the bride will wear, so it's probably OK to wear it how you want.

Besides, a "curly updo" can look vastly different on different people: you can have a side/center/no part, big loose curls piled high or shiny little pin curls, tendrils coming down or no tendrils, flowers/rhinestones/barrettes or none. I don't think you should knock yourself out worrying over this one, unless you know the bride would be devastated if someone came within 10 curls of her prized hairstyle :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 10:41pm
I agree with Lyris, and just how elaborate you wear the hair is essential, as well. A tiara in the middle of it, however, will look like you're competing for the bride for attention!

If the style "look" like you're trying too hard, then it's probably too elaborate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic