Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - bridesmaid in medieval style wedding.....needs help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bridesmaid in medieval style wedding.....needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
december View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote december Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bridesmaid in medieval style wedding.....needs help
    Posted: July 21 2003 at 11:30pm
I'm going to be in a medieval style wedding as a bridesmaid, and I would like to get my hair done for the occassion.

We have to wear a circlet (a circlet is basically a metal headband) in the wedding, and I don't know what kind of style to get. The bride wanted us just to wear our hair down with no style, but I told her that I always wear my hair down everyday.

Another thing is I don't know how fancy I should do my hair. The bride isn't doing anything to her hair except for some curls on the side (and she has really long hair). Should I just do a simple braid, or should I get something a little more fancier. I look better with it pulled back, and not just in a low pony tail or low braid. I think I look better with a braid that pulls my hair back into a bun of some sort. But like I said I don't know if that would up-play the bride too much. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 12:33pm
Hello, December. Welcome to the board.

It sounds like a very nice wedding you are going to attend. I like your idea of a braid and the best site I know of for braids of this type is Crowning Glory braids:

http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/~klsabin/photos.html

Perhaps you can find something that will suit you without upstaging the bride. Maybe she will find something she likes too.

Good luck and have a great time at the wedding.
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 9:20am
You could wear some of your hair up in a braided bun near the crown (depending on how the circlet fits on your head) and then wear the rest of your hair long. This might be a compromise since the bride originally suggested wearing it long but you feel you look your best with your hair pulled back.

A medieval wedding sounds like fun. Let us know what you decide - maybe you'll even want to post a photo of your hairstyle afterward.
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic