Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need a dance hair style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a dance hair style
    Posted: November 30 2000 at 8:24pm
Hey everyone I really need something to do with my hair for an upsoming dance!!! can you help!! write me
dani
JenDoesHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenDoesHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2000 at 12:27am
What length is your hair now? What texture? Where you looking to wear it up or down for the dance?
Jen :-)
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2000 at 1:13pm
Reply to message: 13.1.1
my hair is short and i need a hairstyle which will be very nice and neat. it is quite thick and is in the victoria becham style.
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2000 at 3:04pm
Reply to message: 13.3.1
I just saw a short short style in the Gallery here that was slightly ruffled and had white flowers pinned around the crown. It looked hot.

I would think that you could do a very slicked back look and pin a flower over one ear, decorate with a hot sparkly jeweled clip or headband or a tiara comb.

Or you could do the slightly messy spikey look and pin small flowers around the crown. Or even some of those tiny hair jewels.

If you have dark hair, white flowers, light hair, dark flowers to match your dress.
JenDoesHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenDoesHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2000 at 2:51pm
I would agree with John. Did you happen to see Sliding Doors with Gwenyth Paltrow? She wor her short style with flowers and almost pin curls and looked great.
Jen :-)
Alex B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2000 at 1:52pm
Someting that looks great is having it slicked at the front with a slight part either to the side or middle (where ever you natrurally part it) and then ruffled at back.

Firstly section off hair at the crown from ear to ear. The front section is the section you will slick with a good gel or wax.

The back section can be hot rollered. Take out the rollers and run fingers through to loosen the curl. You can then twist small sections at random and pin into place with those half sized bobby pins or use jewelled pins which look great at a dance as they capture the lighting.

If you want to make the curl less tighter warm wax in your hands and then run through small section at a time. This will pull out the curl, but won`t straighten it all together.

Have a good time at the dance.
Alex B - Make Up Artist
Bethany View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bethany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2000 at 2:33pm
quote:

Ashley originally wrote:
my hair is short and i need a hairstyle which will be very nice and neat. it is quite thick and is in the victoria becham style.

i like i idea for long or medium legnth hair to do corn rows where you pull bacl thin long sections of you hair (rows) and twist until tght to your head and then tie with tiny rubber bands and cover with a tiny flower or baby`s breath
Bethany View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bethany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2000 at 2:35pm
quote:

Ashley originally wrote:

i like i idea for long or medium legnth hair to do corn rows where you pull bacl thin long sections of you hair (rows) and twist until tght to your head and then tie with tiny rubber bands and cover with a tiny flower or baby`s breath do this all around you head with about 6 in front and 8 in back then in the center where they all come together twirl little peices and hold messy wiht bobby pins then add more of hte flowers that you used in hte rows
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic