Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I like female haircuts but haven`t the guts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I like female haircuts but haven`t the guts
    Posted: July 18 2001 at 12:27pm
Hi there,

I have a strange desire being a men. When i see women with haircuts like ponytails, braids or other updo`s, i always get focused on it. It has a strange effect on me:
i get the desire to have a hairdo like that myself, but i`m afraid that people will give a negative reaction on it.
As i`m at my local hairdresser, i see those women getting a beautiful updo, and think: Shall I ask my hairdresser for advice, but than i get ashamed and just let it cut a little. I also don`t know exactly what kind of updo i should try.
Help i need advice, don`t know what i should do

A guy with mediumlong dark hair.
lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2001 at 12:18am
Reply to message: 13.137.1
I like hair that is long on guys when it is in a brais or a ponytail, but not a lot of people think that guys should have long hair.
guywithbraids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guywithbraids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2001 at 2:19pm
Hi Ronald, I go to salons frequently and have feminine hairstyles. Please don`t be embarassed, you will be surprised at the response you will get. Maybe you should try a new stylist. That way you will be starting up fresh. He or she won`t have any preconceived notions about you. I wouldn`t go to a very fashionable salon, look for a neighborhood type. Most of the `downtown` hip salons just to colors,perms etc. When making an appointment at a new salon, I generally visit and talk to the stylist and bring a picture or two. Make sure it is a picture of a woman. Don`t be afraid to say you want it just like hers.

I had an appointment three weeks ago, and had my stylist put my hair up in classic gibson girls style. You should havwe seen the other women in the salon. They just loved it. Ron, make an appointment and let us know how it turns out.
Dana
leon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2001 at 4:14pm
Reply to message: 13.142.1
quote:

guywithbraids originally wrote:
Hi Ronald, I go to salons frequently and have feminine hairstyles. Please don't be embarassed, you will be surprised at the response you will get. Maybe you should try a new stylist. That way you will be starting up fresh. He or she won't have any preconceived notions about you. I wouldn't go to a very fashionable salon, look for a neighborhood type. Most of the 'downtown' hip salons just to colors,perms etc. When making an appointment at a new salon, I generally visit and talk to the stylist and bring a picture or two. Make sure it is a picture of a woman. Don't be afraid to say you want it just like hers.

I had an appointment three weeks ago, and had my stylist put my hair up in classic gibson girls style. You should havwe seen the other women in the salon. They just loved it. Ron, make an appointment and let us know how it turns out.
Dana

Hi
Ya I like femine hair styles too, I normally wear my hair up in a ponytail or braid, not have too many negitive reactions, but your going to get the odd commet and some people can be very closed minded, just ignore `em.
My hair is as long as my wifes, and we use the same hairdresser, which I have had no problems with.
My hair is almost down to my waist, but very fine and can be hard to style, that is what I am doing surfing about this site to see if others have this kind of problem, and I am also looking for different hair styles, I feel like being a bit risky, I love having long hair and wouldn`t be without it, Go on, Enjoy yourself! Its not illegal! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic