Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formal and long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formal and long
    Posted: February 23 2003 at 3:10pm
What would you consider as the most formal hairstyle for girls with long hair? I'm blonde and my hair is 1 meter long (42").

Anne-Loes
Anne-Loes
andi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2003 at 10:03am
I would think that the most formal style would be a plain and simple bun. The less 'dressed up' it is the more formal it looks.

Braids can also look formal, and don't look quite as severe.

With hair your length it shouldn't present any problems doing either.

Why did you want a formal hairstyle?
Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2003 at 2:55pm
Hi Andi,

Sorry for not replying till now. I Think I agree with your opinion. Sometimes I've to join official occasions and a plain and sipple bun is great. Can braids look formal; I don't think so. Anyway, I know that long and loose can be formal as well, depending on your clothes. Don't worry, I want to keep my long hairstyle.

Anne-Loes
Anne-Loes
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 5:36pm
If you secure some hair and then braid tons of sections and then loop and pin them all, it can look v. formal and v. pretty. However, this would be way too heavy for hair as long as yours!

If I had long hair, I would use braids to make my hair wavy, but I guess you're right, I probably wouldn't wear simple braids to a formal ocassion.

~ Cait x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic