Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updo Steps For Easy Buns & Twists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updo Steps For Easy Buns & Twists
    Posted: September 26 2003 at 9:48am
This style was done by me at HairBoutique.com on model Brigid. Keep in mind that while I have been studying hair for years, I am not a licensed hairstylist. I am more like a good friend that could do this style at home for anyone with the right hair.

Check out:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip3753.htm

Once you master this bun you are on your way to updo perfection.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 1:32pm
Karen, thanks for posting these instructions and pictures. I am totally new to hair stuff and am looking for advice on keeping my hair which is shoulder length under a riding hat when I start competing later this year. I posted a thread in the General hairtalk forum. Ballet Dancer suggested a bun or braid and I couldn't find any instructions on buns and then I saw this post. So thanks.

I have a question. How short can hair be before you can make a bun. Will shoulder length and layered hair be OK. And is it possible to make the bun flatter so it can sit better under a helmet.

Thanks Andy
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 2:02pm
it looks great Karen, however don't call it a ballerina bun. When a ballerina has to have a bun in, all the hair must be scraped tightly back, none on the face. And no fancy bits generally. Trust me, I know. It looked nice though! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic