Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the correct way to wrap hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shemarie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shemarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the correct way to wrap hair
    Posted: March 08 2000 at 12:45am
I usually do my hair at home and I do a pretty good job anyways a few months ago I had my hair done by a professional and she wrapped my hair I was able to do it at home until I put braids in and then I totally forgot how to do it can anyone explain the steps to me.
sheena
Sheenabw View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheenabw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2000 at 11:21pm
I usually do pretty good when I wrap my hair. I part my hair sideways at the top and wrap from the top. Then, I use the brush it down. If you find a better way, let me know please.

Sheena
Clara View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2000 at 11:51pm
Sheena...sometimes, I have more success than at other times, but you need to wash and condition your hair. Then you spray a setting lotion...Sally's Hair Care or a similar hair product shop has products such as Lottabody or Wrapping Lotions that work well. The idea is to wrap, brush, comb the hair around and around your head. Your head acts as a giant hair roller...that's the key. The smoother you can get your hair to lay around your head in a bowl-like shape, the better your results will be. Now comes the part that I dislike, You then have to sit under a dryer...a long time...until your hair is completely dry. Sneaking out too early will limit your results. When hair is completely dry...you can pick hair from the wrap gently and comb lightly. The results should be a close,straight, bouncy look that clings to your face and head and falls in place. Clara
shell View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2000 at 1:13pm
part the hair from ear to ear and comb the front to the left or right and then proceed to do the same to the back, holding the top of you hair to maintain the smooteness and put a silk scarf on it not cotton and then use a silk night cap to keep everthing in place.

good luck.
yprince View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yprince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2000 at 12:42pm
I have been styling my own hair for years. I wrap my hair by first applying some setting lotion (usually lotta body), parting at the ear and combing my hair around my head. First I use a wide tooth comb, then a smaller comb, then a brush - gradually adding more hair (my hair is very long) until I have completed my whole head. However, I hate the dryer and it can be quite damaging over an extended period of time, so I cover my hair with a wave cap and let it dry overnight. I achieve the same results as if I sat for hours under the dryer. The thicker your hair, the more time you must allow for it to dry. If slightly damp in the morning, blow dry on low setting while hair still wrapped.
silver View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 12:58pm
Hi,
yprince your advice is fantastic. i now wrap my hair and leave it overnight noo more heat! My hair looks great. I can now wash and condition my hair as often as I want without being concerned about the heat damage that I would incure by blowdrying and tonging.
Thanks a million!
Tippi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2001 at 2:32pm
After I`ve shampooed and conditioned m y hair and tr y to wrap it I have a hard time and end up tearing out my hair. It`s almost like a have a hold spray in my hair, I end up giving up and just brow it out. I would really appreciate any advice I can`t keep using the blow dryer.

Tippi
prissymiss21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prissymiss21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2001 at 12:11am
if you would like your questions answered, copy and paste this link in your address bar

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thenewblackhairmillennium

I just found out about this site and there are a lot of members and there are already some post about wrapping hair that maybe useful to you.

sheena
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 9:36am
what is a wave cap?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic