Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wash and wear relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wash and wear relaxer
    Posted: April 29 2000 at 12:02pm
Has anyone checked out the site www.jazma.com? They have a wash and wear relaxer available in Canada. The site also has pictures. I had a test done on my hair and loved the results. It basically loosens the curl of your hair without taking it completely straight. I couldn't get it done (yet) because I ran out of money. Has anyone out there had this done and worn it for a while. Let me know of the longterm results.
SweetJade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2000 at 7:52pm
Hi, about 2 months ago I came across the African Wonders website, via www.blackhaircare.com discussion board (some people there have used her products) & www.naturallycurly.com, and they seem to have some very interesting products.
The owner recently released her Naturalaxer Kit in a Jar which has 4 strengths and promises to NOT relax your hair as straight as chemical/caustic relaxers do. Actually it is more of a (natural) texturizer that lets you have the ability to control it based on the strength of the naturalaxer & your hair's coil count (wash & wear). I'm a very skeptical person, but after reading other message boards (mostly nothing but praises) and reviewing her website/credentials, I'm going to put my faith in her products.
I haven't tried it yet, but I recently recieved my relaxer in Medium (smells like cake batter), since I have N4/N3 virgin hair, and I plan to put it in on Sunday. If you are interested, I'd be happy to let you know of the results. Oh I almost forgot, the website is www.africanwonders.com and they have a Q&A Board where she personally answers all questions. I hope this helps.

Dee
LeoTiger123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeoTiger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2000 at 4:46pm
Reply to message: 15.149.1
quote:

SweetJade originally wrote:
Hi, about 2 months ago I came across the African Wonders website, via www.blackhaircare.com discussion board (some people there have used her products) & www.naturallycurly.com, and they seem to have some very interesting products.
The owner recently released her Naturalaxer Kit in a Jar which has 4 strengths and promises to NOT relax your hair as straight as chemical/caustic relaxers do. Actually it is more of a (natural) texturizer that lets you have the ability to control it based on the strength of the naturalaxer & your hair's coil count (wash & wear). I'm a very skeptical person, but after reading other message boards (mostly nothing but praises) and reviewing her website/credentials, I'm going to put my faith in her products.
I haven't tried it yet, but I recently recieved my relaxer in Medium (smells like cake batter), since I have N4/N3 virgin hair, and I plan to put it in on Sunday. If you are interested, I'd be happy to let you know of the results. Oh I almost forgot, the website is www.africanwonders.com and they have a Q&A Board where she personally answers all questions. I hope this helps.

Dee

Where can you purchase wash & wear?
Leotiger123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leotiger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2000 at 5:35pm
quote:

Dee

What were the results of your Naturalaxer?
SweetJade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetJade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2000 at 5:32am
Reply to message: 15.214.1
Well I put it in sometime in August and initially it was really great. Thankfully, it didn`t relax my hair as much as a relaxer and I haven`t seen any of the side of effects of a typical relaxer. Although I haven`t put it in again because I`m concerned with possibly breakage from overlapping. Yet, I will say that my hair wasn`t plastered to my scalp, and considering how long I left it in (25-30 min) nor did it burn my scalp. However it did come out more "straightened" than I had expected. My hair is a mixture of puffy, spirals and wavy so the puffy was spirals and the spirals and wavy were too wavy for me. Although it might have to do with the way my mom applied the product....might have smoothed it too much. =( Furthermore it left my hair feeling dryer than normal so that took a few shampoos and conditioners to get it back to norm. However, the first couple of weeks I was able to blow dry my hair and it came out nearly as beautiful as if you had used a pressing comb.
Like I had mention above, I put the product in 4 months ago and still haven`t done a retouch. I`ve heard nothing but good comments about this product (expect some people`s hair gets dryer) and another one called the Bodipher (or Bodiphier at www.freshlookhair.com) I am still interested in her product but am wondering when would be a good time to put it in again. I read somewhere that a retouch every 6 weeks or so can be excessive and instead some may want to retouch every 3 months and even my mom does that and she rarely experiences breakage (traditional relaxers). So if I do I`ll probably purchase the Mild because I think it will give me a more satisfactory curl pattern and hopefully won`t dry my hair out as much. Hope this helps you out =)
V456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2000 at 4:34pm
Reply to message: 15.240.1
quote:

Reply to message: 15.214.1
Well I put it in sometime in August and initially it was really great. Thankfully, it didn't relax my hair as much as a relaxer and I haven't seen any of the side of effects of a typical relaxer. Although I haven't put it in again because I'm concerned with possibly breakage from overlapping. Yet, I will say that my hair wasn't plastered to my scalp, and considering how long I left it in (25-30 min) nor did it burn my scalp. However it did come out more "straightened" than I had expected. My hair is a mixture of puffy, spirals and wavy so the puffy was spirals and the spirals and wavy were too wavy for me. Although it might have to do with the way my mom applied the product....might have smoothed it too much. =( Furthermore it left my hair feeling dryer than normal so that took a few shampoos and conditioners to get it back to norm. However, the first couple of weeks I was able to blow dry my hair and it came out nearly as beautiful as if you had used a pressing comb.
Like I had mention above, I put the product in 4 months ago and still haven't done a retouch. I've heard nothing but good comments about this product (expect some people's hair gets dryer) and another one called the Bodipher (or Bodiphier at www.freshlookhair.com) I am still interested in her product but am wondering when would be a good time to put it in again. I read somewhere that a retouch every 6 weeks or so can be excessive and instead some may want to retouch every 3 months and even my mom does that and she rarely experiences breakage (traditional relaxers). So if I do I'll probably purchase the Mild because I think it will give me a more satisfactory curl pattern and hopefully won't dry my hair out as much. Hope this helps you out =)

Jade, I`m glad to hear that you liked the product. I recently ordered the Bodiphier (last friday, and recieved it yesterday) but I`m going to give it to my mom to do her hair, and I`m gonna order the African Wonders relaxer (medium) I have naturally curly 3b/3c or N3 hair that looks like Holly Robinson`s or a little looser when totally natural. My hair is texturized with a sodium hydroxide relaxer (lye) but I have about 2 months new growth, which is about 2 inches since I`ve been taking silica by kal. What kinda condition is your hair in now, and overall are you really please with the product? I actually and loooking for a more wavy look, that I can roller set straight. What is the active ingredient in her product? Does it list it on the box? I know that the Bodiphier`s active ingredient is alkaline water so I was just wondering. Any response is really appreciated and sorry for so many questions.

thanks

v
Sharon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2001 at 7:14pm
quote:
SweetJade originally wrote: Hi, about 2 months ago I came across the African Wonders website, via www.blackhaircare.com discussion board (some people there have used her products) & www.naturallycurly.com, and they seem to have some very interesting products.

Dee

Hi,

I read your note about the African Wonders hair products. I`m thinking of ordering the Naturalaxer myself, and was wondering whether you had any positive results with it.
southerngal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southerngal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2001 at 5:18pm
I applied the naturalizer about three weeks ago. I was very pleased with the results initially. I never like my hair to be bone straight, just straight enough to wear curled in a shoulder length bob. Well, now my hair does not stay in a relaxed state unless I wrap my hair at night. If I try to use a flat iron on my hair, I can only relax the curl where my hair is wavy. I recommend this product if you want to wear wavy or curler styles or if you have thin, fine hair, but my hair is thick and medium fine so I need more relaxation of the curl to maintain a relaxed style. I can say that it did not damage my hair, but I would have to use the product too often to maintain the relaxation. Also, I have been using the HF37 so my hair has been growing faster. This may be why I need a retouch so soon after applying the naturalizer.
Deana Tillison View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deana Tillison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2001 at 1:19pm
Is this product similar to Rio(which made a lot of peoples hair fall out) or Copa(which is endorsed by Debbie Allan)
Bette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 11:13pm
I used the naturalaxer twice already and it is not like a regular relaxer or from what I hear like Copa. It is like a hair conditoner that goes one step further and softens your hair. You have to leave the maximum on for 30 minutes and comb it through to get it straight. So far I like it. They have a frequently asked questions page: http://www.curlrelaxer.com
Georgi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 9:48pm
Hi my name is Georgi and I was wondering about your results. If you could please email me at tiarazine@yahoo.com I would be very happy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic