Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Afro-haired female in Europe wants to go Short and FuNky!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afro-haired female in Europe wants to go Short and FuNky!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pippa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro-haired female in Europe wants to go Short and FuNky!!
    Posted: February 11 2001 at 3:18pm
I`m a college student living in Dublin w/ shoulder-length afro-hair. It is quite coarse and has a thick appearance. Many people have commented me on my hair as I have been blessed with strong, beautiful afro-hair. My issue, though, is that I have an absolute yen to cut my long hair,short, and create a spiky, funky look. I am reluctant to go forward due to fear that my hair won`t grow back to it`s original length;there aren`t any professional afro-stylists which I have come across here and am wondering if a European professional hairstylist would be advisable;my hair is due for relaxing; and my mom is completely emotionally attached to my hair. I have not voiced this decision to her as I infer her response would be `no! I feel that it would be more manageable short however, what products would mantain this style? I also have a square face.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Pippa!
Nick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2001 at 6:31pm
Reply to message: 15.271.1
Hi Pippa. No one posted a reply on my message and no one did on yours so I thought I would be the first :)

Well, it is only hair. It should grow back I am assuming, if you take good care of it. That is if you end up hating the short style and want it long again.

I say go for it! If you have done it or are planning on it email me and tell me how you like it. Thanks ;)

Nick uapilot1@hotmail.com
dirtydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2001 at 7:45pm

hi pippa;
my advice is to follow your instincts and go for the buzz! as nick said, it`s hair, it`ll grow.
my last girlfriend had very damaged hair from coloring and straightening and decided she wanted to "start from scratch". she wanted it all buzzed off, but first i buzzed it close on the sides and back, trimmed it short on top, and left the bangs, or "fringe" as they call it in the west indies. she looked really cute with black, natural hair on the sides and back, with short, lighter relaxed hair on top and in front.
she decided to buzz the rest later on, too. she looked great with hair buzzed close. you see the woman, not just the hair.
good luck with your decision!
steve
ps how do you like ireland?
Springy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2001 at 10:51pm
Cut it!!! :) Like the other ladies said do what feels right!!
SPRINGY
dirtydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2001 at 10:19pm
Reply to message: 15.315.1

hey springy;
thanks for the support, but on behalf of myself, Steve, (and i assume Nick); we`re not ladies. a minor detail, but an important one to us. :-)

-steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic