Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rusk`s Anti-Curl Relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cbraddy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbraddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rusk`s Anti-Curl Relaxer
    Posted: April 17 2001 at 2:29pm
Has anyone used this relaxer in their hair?
I believe it is a thioglycolate based perm (the kind of chemical used in "curly perms and gheri curls"). I would like to know if it is as drying as curly perms and would you need to constantly be spraying your hair with moisturizers even though it is straight. Does anyone or any beauty tech have any information???!!! Please reply here or e-me direct!
ChaseY L. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaseY L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2001 at 1:01pm
Hi,
I just got a rusk anti- curl in my hair a few weeks ago. So far my hair feels great and you dont have to keep it wet. If I blow dry it straight, it stays that way up to certain heat and humidities without frizzing out. I wasnt able to wear blown out hair in the warm spring before. Also, if i wear it natural there is less frizz and more curl definition, so my hair looks less bushy and messy. When you first get it done your curls hang a bit limp and straighter, with no additional products. It springs up a bit more with time, but still looks good. Hope this helps.
i dont know View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i dont know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 3:54pm
I know you ladies posted 2 years ago, but I thought I would respond to anyone else who is wondering. I used the rusk anti-curl 3 on my hair. It says it is supposed to leave the hair slightly curly. well it left absolutely NO CURL in my hair, it was completely straight. The biggest problem was that it was so frizzy. I had a head full of straight frizzy hair, that was seriously dried out. That was back in febuary and my hair is still very straight its only coming in in small non-uniform waves now. aside from my new growth which is nappy of course, and its very hard to manage now because of all the frizzy which my had did not have before. My advice to anyone looking to try this is that it will straighten it but you will have to do a lot of work to get rid of all the frizz if your hair is anything like mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic