Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black hair care books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Demi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black hair care books
    Posted: June 13 2001 at 12:43am
I read the book "Good hair: For colored woman who considered weaves when the chemical became too ruff" and I want to read other hair books that teach you how to take care of your hair. Anyone have any suggestions? I need a book that tells me how to take care of and grow chemically treated hair.
Naarah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2001 at 3:07pm
Reply to message: 15.402.1
I like the book Ultra Hair Growth II by Cathy Howse. Available at her site http://www.ubhpublications.com or http://www.amazon.com

Adrienne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrienne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 5:01pm
I do not have that one!!!

but I want it im kind of a collector of black hair books

probably because I had so many bad hair experences!!!

but i have Textured Tresses ( theres one chapter on chemcially treated hair)

and i have the black womens guide to beautiful hair which talks about both relaxed and natural hair!

both books are excellent!

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 12:13am
The black woman's guide to beautiful, healthier hair in 6 weeks by carolyn gray. the 2003 edition helped me tremendously.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 12:30am
"No Lye" i can't remember the author, it's about natural hair and gives directions to styles.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 7:05pm
I have textured tresses and something by shamboosie.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic