Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

white ppl with braids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2004 at 4:02pm
Ummm..no. In the Bible, it says that Jesus had hair similar to sheep's wool.

Adam and Eve were African..they most likely had kinky/curly/coily hair.

Anyway, why hasn't this been locked yet? LoL.
Pixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2004 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by hair is hair hair is hair wrote:

you guyz are making a big deal out of nothing..EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN PERSONALITY....whether caucasians have blonde hair and have it straight... and african american's have black hair and wear it in weaves braids etc..WHAT DOES IT MATTER HAIR IS HAIR.....leave it alone..if she wants to get her hair done so be it....just b.c a person is a different color...gender it doesnt matter what her hair looks like as long as the person getting it done likes it. AS FOR YOU PIXIE look at your hair in the pic...it's down striaght kind of does that mean you took it from us.. b.c i bet ADAM AND EVE'S HAIR WERE STRAIGHT AND I BET EVE'S HAIR WAS DOWN or yet look at when jesus was on the cross...his hair was long...
That's not me in the picture,that's Aaliyah.And her hair is in curls.
"You only live once,but if you work it right,once is enough."- Joe E. Lewis
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2004 at 8:39pm
ok so why do we think adam and eves hair is straight?

if you look at the people in the area which they were in...no one hair there is straight.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

summerloven14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summerloven14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 6:51pm
Vy i tottally agree...i hate when people say stuff like that!!!!! Everone at our school does that even my friends sometime say they act blacker then me......i tottaly take offend to that and think thats a sick thought. Just my opioin though.
summerloven14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summerloven14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 6:55pm
srry if that came out wroung but im doing h/w while so yea fast hurry asta
AAHHHhhHHH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAHHHhhHHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by dachick dachick wrote:

Originally posted by G G wrote:

Sorry, but I have a real problem with white people taking on black hairstyles. Black people had been plaiting their hair for centuries then along comes Bo Derek with canerow in 10 and suddenly it's cool to have plaits in. The same with make up and a host of other things. White people hijack the best of a non white culture and take it as their own, giving no credit back to the original culture.
What really annoys me is the comments white people come out with about black hair and how sticky it is or by asking do you use Vaseline in your hair. Black hair is really difficult to deal with, these comments make my blood boil, and as for the grief with dreadlocks, not allowed to wear them to school and such, you trying living with black hair for a month and tell me how you want to style it. You don't try to understand you just make assumptions, not very fair is it?
I think you shoud stick to your wash and go hair.

I think that people should not be so racist! Hair has no race.

>>You don't try to understand you just make assumptions, not very fair is it? <<

Who is making assumptions?

She said nothing about how anyones hair is sticky!

I think, girl, if you wanna have braids-do it! If any girls give you any smack about it, tell 'em to **** off.
Nothing ******es me off more when people try to put a race on things; "Oh those are BLACK clothes" or "That's a white hairdo".
I put my hair in a French Twist for work- I guess I must be trying to be white.

Dachick

i kno wtf thers no race on hair ive seen white ppl who dont even kno wat a gangste iz n they hav like afros bt noone calls em black wannabes.....ppl who try 2 put a race on hair n get upset over it..jus chill its not even ur fukin hair....
AAHHHhhHHH View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAHHHhhHHH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by dachick dachick wrote:

Originally posted by G G wrote:

Sorry, but I have a real problem with white people taking on black hairstyles. Black people had been plaiting their hair for centuries then along comes Bo Derek with canerow in 10 and suddenly it's cool to have plaits in. The same with make up and a host of other things. White people hijack the best of a non white culture and take it as their own, giving no credit back to the original culture.
What really annoys me is the comments white people come out with about black hair and how sticky it is or by asking do you use Vaseline in your hair. Black hair is really difficult to deal with, these comments make my blood boil, and as for the grief with dreadlocks, not allowed to wear them to school and such, you trying living with black hair for a month and tell me how you want to style it. You don't try to understand you just make assumptions, not very fair is it?
I think you shoud stick to your wash and go hair.

I think that people should not be so racist! Hair has no race.

>>You don't try to understand you just make assumptions, not very fair is it? <<

Who is making assumptions?

She said nothing about how anyones hair is sticky!

I think, girl, if you wanna have braids-do it! If any girls give you any smack about it, tell 'em to **** off.
Nothing ******es me off more when people try to put a race on things; "Oh those are BLACK clothes" or "That's a white hairdo".
I put my hair in a French Twist for work- I guess I must be trying to be white.

Dachick

i kno wtf thers no race on hair ive seen white ppl who dont even kno wat a gangste iz n they hav like afros bt noone calls em black wannabes.....ppl who try 2 put a race on hair n get upset over it..jus chill its not even ur (&)(*& hair....
ShawnEW View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnEW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 2:35pm
man dont listen to them get braids if ur white/black/asian/ect. they all look very cool i got somepictures of people with braids thats other races and they all look cool so dont be hatin on noone else if i gfind the pics ill post it..

kinda off topic but justin timberlake had braids
sarah jacharan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah jacharan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by caligirl caligirl wrote:

What ever makes you happy , you like braids..............go for it , no one has the right to tell you how to wear your hair , it's just fashion , if it looks good on you go for it.
i feel you thorgh your right
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 4:18pm
very silly
angelvoice126 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelvoice126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 11:54am
i''m as white as can be with blue eyes... i represent Eastwick NJ and i work in Brick City *which is newark* and me and my sis are the only two white people in our whole office and i walked in with my hair braided and they all loved it....people who are black and don''t like it oh well too bad....my mom has been braiding my hair forever....a braid is a braid whether you look like bo derek or pippy longstocking, braids are braids...so to black people who take offense don''t worry that we''re trying to steal or be apart of your culture, you don''t see me getting upset because beyonce got highlights and a perm to make her hair straight...i don''t think she''s trying to be white....damn it''s just a hairstyle
The_Airknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Airknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by angelvoice126 angelvoice126 wrote:

i''m as white as can be with blue eyes... i represent Eastwick NJ and i work in Brick City *which is newark* and me and my sis are the only two white people in our whole office and i walked in with my hair braided and they all loved it....people who are black and don''t like it oh well too bad....my mom has been braiding my hair forever....a braid is a braid whether you look like bo derek or pippy longstocking, braids are braids...so to black people who take offense don''t worry that we''re trying to steal or be apart of your culture, you don''t see me getting upset because beyonce got highlights and a perm to make her hair straight...i don''t think she''s trying to be white....damn it''s just a hairstyle

Again, no one is "white" or "black."

You can try to be any color, whether you're painting yourself or not, but you still won't be anything under that besides dark brown, medium brown, light brown, or pale. That's about it..

..also, are there moderators here? Can this thing be locked? Anyone, regardless of your color (although you still can't be white or black), can wear any type of hairstyle. If you think otherwise, you are EXTREMELY IGNORANT, CLOSE-MINDED, and you need to be dealt with accordingly.

[Edited by Moderator to remove expletive. One week late. Please notify me via bmail - DaveDecker - if something needs moderator attention. Thanks all]
Isis1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isis1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 12:44pm
Nevermind. deleted my previous post.

It's pointless. People will see for themselves in time. Hopefully.
willsgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willsgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 3:17pm
ok
sea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2004 at 11:22pm
lol..i think its kinda funny that this thing went on so long..why did she even ask?..lol..if you want braids..wear them proud if you dont..uhh..dont..but..you gotta do what you want..not what other ppl expect..so..yeah..lol..i love all you guys..and bye
simone
i love you!!
miss_lady_cleopatra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_lady_cleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 9:53pm
I can settle this whole conversation. It depends on the person. I've seen black girls with braids and think to myself (Uh-uh Gurl should've gone there.) Sometimes I see white gurls and say the same thing.

But, sometimes I see black girls and white gurls with their hair in braids and think (Oo that's such a cute hair style.)

Although, the number #1 factor is..People are smart enough to do whatever they feel like doing. If the white and black girl love their braids, their gonna keep doing it no matter what anyone says. It's about their self esteem and what makes them feel beautiful. The only person who should feel sorry is the girl who is blinded by what someone says about their hair.
A Voice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Voice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 11:45am
It is a sign of admiration that prompts emulation. Have you ever heard that flattery is the sincerest form of admiration. Well, Black Peoples have been copied since the beginning of time. After all, we are the originators of so many things... think mathematics, etc. So, it stands to reason that we are still being emulated... in music, in culture, in the esoteric fullness of our lips and bottoms.... c'mon you guys!!! It's just more of the same. WE ARE A RACE TO BE EMULATED. A RACE TO BE ADMIRED. Seeing other races rush to say what we say, wear what we wear, listen to what we listen to, be like we are..... need I say more?
u pplz are rasist View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u pplz are rasist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 7:25pm
like G, i totally agree. but not only that, most white people look, no offence to african/jamaican ethnics, but they look really trampy with it, like they're really tryinna look hard and cool like a gangsta or somert. I am mixed race, and look very white; yes i admire african/jamaican braided hair, but i wouldnt have it because it wouldnt suit me. it just does not suit white/fair skinned people. unless you are dark skinned, it looks well trampy, like a greebo.
you should, afterall, get a hairstyle that suits you, tat goes with your face shape; n fuk all d people that say "its not a black thing, anyone can have it , its your hair you can do what you want with it", coz ur just stupid.

and another thing, i cried when i say the oscars and heard Halle berries speach....
im not of african/jamaican ethnic, (im mixed race, half english half kurdish) but it really moved me!

i think that u shouldnt lable people like blacks or whites cause really on the inside we are the same. i mean i wore my hair in braids and i didnt look the least bit *trampy* i think that ur just being a little rasist there. i mean maybe ti originated in africa with the african ppl but that doesnt mean that, that is THEIR hair style

>>> i think u should do it and dont care what other ppl think-- its ur hair do what u want
Miatch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 8:30am
I agree with G...

Cornrows are an African hairstyle, by the way. I can honestly say I've never seen one Whitegirl or Whiteboy with Dreadlocks, or Cornrows, without thinking "That looks stupid". I don't think that because I'm racist, like some of you may think, but because it DOES infact look stupid.

I mean I'm half black/half white myself, My mothers side is the white side and that's the family I live with, I have African hair, and I think that it is pretty hard to deal with. I've been growing it for around 8 months now, and every day when I go to sleep, after looking like a perfect afro a few hours earlier, it goes flat on the sides and needs another 45 minutes or so of me getting it back together again before school. Even my mother agrees that whites should never dreadlock or cornrow their hair. And she's anything but a self-hating racist, she's just wise.

I'm not saying cornrows look idiotic on every white male or female, I'm just saying that around 95% of the time they probably do... And Dreadlocks probably about 99% of the time, unless they're very short, less than shoulder length. You just shouldn't get them if they don't suit you.

I'm planning on getting cornrows soon, but only because I can't stand having an Afro in such a white neighborhood in the country of Australia, and in school everywhere I go I hear "Is that a wig??" or I get 5 people coming up to touch it. Therefore, me changing my hairstyle to something all races can get, will make my hair appear less unique to them, and cornrows will be easier to care for. But then again the school is probably going to complain about them saying that cornrows are an "Extreme" hairstyle, and request for me to get them removed.

So really, I have a valid reason to get them. Because they will be easier to care for, they probably won't look bad, and the whites in my school won't be so obsessive over it asking me 100s of questions about it per day.

And for all of you saying that Black Celebrities are getting their hair straightened and colored, saying that if you get cornrows it isn't anymore like you trying to be black then it is them trying to be white... well chances are they get it straightened because it's SO much easier to care for, takes less time, less painful to uncurl, etc, etc, if they wanted to be white, why would people that have done it, like Lil Kim, appear to have so much African-American pride?? And the other thing is, Straight hair is NOT a white hairstyle, and cannot, and should not, be labelled as 'White Hair'. Many, Many races have straight hair, not just the whites, but not many Races have hair as Kinky as the African/Jamaican descent. Hence, your argument over that is just moronic and invalid.

I just want to say, if you're white, getting cornrows or whatever done, because I'm not saying it should never be done by them, it's just that I do not recommend it, do it because you want to, not to prove a point or to try to act like an ethnicity you're not. And I only say that because There's a lotta wiggers (black wannabes) out there, I should know, hearing so many people everyday saying to me "Oh I wish I had hair like that" and seeing them emulating styles of which are not their own.
Another thing I do not like about whites and cornrows is that if I got them some day and came to school, and then a week later 3 other whites came to school with them, Not because they wanted to be like me, but simply because it was their choice and they like the way they like, my school would blame ME for influencing others to get hairstyles of which they do not condone. (Australian schools can be pretty damn racist).

And plus straight hair with cornrows can look rather unusual and unsmooth. Also, there are many, many hairstyles created and designed especially for straight hair, WHY NOT GET THOSE?? They look better on average, and people will think better of you... don't think that when you walk down the street with cornrows every white will be thinking to themselves "Wow, that bright young man/woman looks fantastic with those, in absolutely no way is he emulating the way of the African and I'll guarentee the only reason he got them was because it was his choice and he wanted to try something new, good on him." trust me...

By the way people, stop saying that there is no such thing as a Black person or a White person, because most of us know that's true, it's called "Color Labels", it's what we are refered to as.... and by the way, that guy that commented on Adam and Eve, they weren't the first people on the earth, LOL... atleast a white Adam and Eve. I'm sure this advice is pointless to the person that asked the question in the first place because chances are she has already gotten her hair done but I'm just debating for the hell of it.

Anyway, that’s all I really gotta say,
Peace Out,
Miatch.
DramaCitySoulja View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DramaCitySoulja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 10:36pm
ummmm...are you all really that ignorant to know that white people started braiding period. a cornrow is nothing more than a frenchbraid...keyword..FRENCH...get over yourselves...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic