Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yuko System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aprilrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprilrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yuko System
    Posted: March 13 2002 at 4:14am
Has anyone used or heard anything about the Yuko hair relaxer system? This is a hair relaxing system that originated in Japan. I`ve visited their site and they say it is safe for African-American hair and that the hair stays straight for 8-10 months. I find this hard to believe. What happens to new growth? Any info anyone has on this is appreciated. I have searched all the search engines for info on it, and it`s limited.
Mary Hibbert View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Hibbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2002 at 7:14pm
I have not heard of this. I will search the web for more information. I did not think that Japanese women had hear like African-descent women?

Mary Hibbert
longhairgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2002 at 11:44pm
actually, i know two korean women who relax their hair. just because asians have a tendancy to have straight hair does not mean they all do. ;-)
jennifer2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2002 at 1:21am
Hi,
I have a friend who is African American who tried the bioionics system which is very similar to the yuko system. Her orginial hair texture was very spiral curly but long. She would just roll her hair and blow-dry it straight. She loves the results of the bioionics, her hair is very healthy and very straight. I am interested in it too but I believe that it is applied an half inch from the scalp and you have to wait I think at least 3 months but going back to get it done for your roots. I am debating on getting it but I don`t know if my new growth will blend well. I have my hair natural so I have a idea of how it would look with about two inches of new growth. I would suggest if you are the type who have to get a retouch every 4 to 6 weeks it might not be worth it since the wait is so much longer.
lavonne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lavonne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2002 at 9:00pm
Hi,

Yuko,system is thio perm (i.e.) Jeri Culy. This system is not for the adverage African American client unless they have a wavy hair texure.

Caution, if you tried this product and were not satisified with the results, you sould avoid using lye relaxers. Breaking is likely to occur.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic