Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wild Growth Hair Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2002 at 11:28pm
Will Wildgrowth stop my permed hair from breaking off since I WILL be going without a perm for a while so as to grow my hair to a longer length?
Lousia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lousia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 9:19pm
Thank you guys so much. I have had problems with my hair being so weak and doesnt grow really at all. I am going to try and see what the results are THANX AGAIN.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2002 at 10:05am
Ashley,
My hair used to break off really bad. So I had to be very particular with the way I handled my hair. Since the first use of the oil, my breakage has almost completely stopped. I went home to Florida this weekend, and girl my entire family was in disbelief of how much my hair has grown and how fast. Girl wild growth hair oil was sent straight from heaven.
keisha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 8:47am
does anyone know what a wave cap is? i`m not sure, people say you can use it to wrap your hair instead of staying under the dryer
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 8:54am
I thought a wave cap was something that you use to keep your hair in place or like the skullies that guys sleep in. I am sure a wave cap could hold your wrap. I have tried the wave cap before, but I could never get all of my hair under it, so I just bought an extremely large silk scarf.
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Tileta Tileta wrote:

Ashley,
My hair used to break off really bad. So I had to be very particular with the way I handled my hair. Since the first use of the oil, my breakage has almost completely stopped. I went home to Florida this weekend, and girl my entire family was in disbelief of how much my hair has grown and how fast. Girl wild growth hair oil was sent straight from heaven.

Tileta,
I just bought Wild Growth Hair Oil, cause one of my friends used it when her hairdresser cut alot of her hair off. It has grown back a lot in the 2 months since she`s been using it. She uses it once a day on her hair and scalp. I have relaxed mid-neck length hair. A fee months ago a hair dresser i was seeing left the relaxer in my hair or did not wash it out properly, so the back fell out while the rest of it kept growing. The back is now coming in, and it looks like a bush. I also bought Ultra Nourishair vitamins, just a few minutes ago, after hearing someone talk about using it on this website. I also heard someone talk about Shen Min Vitamins, but they were really expensive, the girl at GNC said that they worked really well, even better than the GNC vitamin. Anyway I was just wondering if you thought I should cut my hair so that it`s more even with the back or just leave it? And also, how much of the oil and how often should I use it considering the fact that I have dry hair? Also, will Wild Growth help to make my new growth softer, so that it does not break between relaxers? Should I press the roots to even out the texture? Sorry for all the questions, but you have been giving good advice to people. Thanks for your help.
True beauty is only found within.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Rabia Rabia wrote:

Originally posted by Tileta Tileta wrote:

Ashley,

Tileta,
I just bought Wild Growth Hair Oil, cause one of my friends used it when her hairdresser cut alot of her hair off. It has grown back a lot in the 2 months since she's been using it. She uses it once a day on her hair and scalp. I have relaxed mid-neck length hair. A fee months ago a hair dresser i was seeing left the relaxer in my hair or did not wash it out properly, so the back fell out while the rest of it kept growing. The back is now coming in, and it looks like a bush. I also bought Ultra Nourishair vitamins, just a few minutes ago, after hearing someone talk about using it on this website. I also heard someone talk about Shen Min Vitamins, but they were really expensive, the girl at GNC said that they worked really well, even better than the GNC vitamin. Anyway I was just wondering if you thought I should cut my hair so that it's more even with the back or just leave it? And also, how much of the oil and how often should I use it considering the fact that I have dry hair? Also, will Wild Growth help to make my new growth softer, so that it does not break between relaxers? Should I press the roots to even out the texture? Sorry for all the questions, but you have been giving good advice to people. Thanks for your help.

Rabia,
I will start by saying this. Please do not follow your friends footsteps and oil your hair everyday. Oiling the hair everyday will do nothing but suffocate your scalp. I oil my scalp 2x`s a week, but I do oil the hair 3x`s. Depending on the length and the thickness of your hair, you may need more or less. I do not think you should cut your hair. Just continue to use your oil until the damaged area grows a little longer, then you can shape that area to accommodate the longer areas. If you do not have a relaxer, then I think you should press your hair. The "S" pattern that a lot of our hair grows in allows the hair to break easier.
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 3:28pm
Tileta,
I do have relaxed hair, and I was asking if I should press the roots, cause the texture between the new growth and the relaxer is so different that it tends to start breaking by the fourth week of my relaxer. So just go and get a relaxer again, cause my hair grows so fast, I expect it to grow even faster with wild growth.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 3:35pm
By your fourth week, you should be ready for another perm. I used to get a perm every 5 weeks, but I had to go to 4 weeks because it was growing so fast and started to shed by then. So try getting your perms every 4 weeks, then you will not need to press unless, your perms are not taking well enough in the first place.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2002 at 9:48am
Okay, I just had to share. I received the wild growth oil last Friday. It is light, but goodness!!! That stuff has an odor!!!! It smells like tea with pepper in it. Grief!!!! I only applied the stuff to my scalp, and not the hair, fearing that the odor would be noticed by people when I was outside or wherever. My mother said that it must be good, if it smells like that. The funny part is in the ingredients, they listed "Fragrance."
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
cassandra28uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassandra28uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 1:50am
I use it for hot oil treatments and I found it quite good.
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 9:56am
I`ve been using Wild Growth Hair Oil for about two weeks now. My hair was in braids when I started using it. When I took out the braids this weekend my hair was really soft. Then after I relaxed my hair. I put some in while it was wet. After i took out my rollers my hair was very soft and moisturized and shiny. I put a little more in on sunday night, and now my hair is still moisturized and shiny. The ends feel good too, which is strange for me. This stuff is great. Everyone should try it.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 10:01am
Do you use something else on your hair to kill the odor from the Wild Growth Oil, or was my order the only one that smelled like that? I guess the smell just took me by surprise.
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 11:40am
I also used Hask Placenta as a leave in conditioner. No your order, is not the only one that smells mine does too. I put mine on at night and wrap my hair and tie it down . By the morning the smell is gone. I use olive oil sheen spray by Root Stimulator on my hair, it has a good scent. Someone recommended that I add a few drops of lavender oil to cut the smell. As I see it this stuff must be good if so many people are willing to put up with the stench. Its kind of like pure castor, it stinks, but it makes your hair grow like crazy. Use wild growth, I love it thus far.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 11:56am
Thanks for the tip, because the smell really did discourage me. There is this hairspray oil sheen stuff that smells like candy. I think it`s called Black Magic??? Comes in a black and gold can. I might have to pick me up some of that stuff. Also, I may try that Olive Oil spray. Is it good for sheen????
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 2:45pm
The Root Stimulator Olive Oil Spray, is great for sheen. It leaves hair really shiny and moisturized. It is very light so it doesn`t weigh hair down or make it feel heavy. I am a hair product queen, so I`ve tried a lot of other oil sheens, so far I like this one the best, plus it is made with natural ingredients. Olive oil, is one of the main ingredients in Wild Growth, therefore I consider the spray a good compliment to the oil. Good luck.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 2:54pm
I may pick it up the next time I`m at the store! I`ve been using Isoplus Oil Sheen Spray for years though. But I`m into trying new products. I should have known considering that olive oil is great for hai, since it`s in the Wild Growth Oil. Ananda Lewis uses it. I think she uses the kind straight out of the bottle.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2002 at 11:57am
Okay, I am starting to get a little discouraged.

I applied the Wild Growth Oil in for the second time and when I woke up this morning, I didn`t smell anything. But when I was out in public, I thought I was smelling something. That`s when I came to the realization that it was my hair. It wasn`t strong, and I don`t know if anyone else smelled it, but I did, and that was enough to make me a little upset and self-conscious. I haven`t gotten the Olive oil spray yet, but I am starting to think that this oil isn`t worth the trouble.

Another problem that I have with the oil is that it dries my scalp out. The first time I applied it, it was itchy. I didn`t find it soothing at all. This time, my scalp is dry. There is still a little teeny bit of the oil on my scalp, which makes me wonder why there was an odor coming from my head in the first place. I didn`t put any on my hair, I just pointed it on my scalp. I do know that some may have touched my hair though.

I am not going to give up though. That would be just a waste of money. I will wait until this bottle is gone before I evaluate it any further. If my hair has grown overwhelmingly, then I may continue using it. If not, I may give that stuff called Doo Gro a try. Has anyone used that?? Does it work?? Does it smell??
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2002 at 12:48pm
Try putting some lavender oil, it will make it smell better. I don`t know why your scalp is dry, try putting more on the scalp. Good Luck.
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2002 at 12:48pm
Try putting some lavender oil, it will make it smell better. I don`t know why your scalp is dry, try putting more on the scalp. Good Luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic