Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wild Growth Hair Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Pumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2002 at 7:29pm
Karonica:

You may have already stated this but this thread is soooo long I get confused. Maybe you should apply the wildgrowth after you wash when your hair is still wet. That with a leave in will probably work. I don`t know if it will work for sure. I just came back from Sally`s with my new bottle of wildgrowth and am going to try it tonight. If it works I will let you know. Also I was reading somewhere where someone added a bit of light fragrance oil from the Vitamin Shop to their wildgrowh and it worked perfectly.
chocolate_lover99 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate_lover99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2002 at 1:04pm
Hi Everyone,
I see this thread has grown rather long! I`ve been on vacation, and have not had time to check the board. I am still on my same regimen, and the new growth is still coming in really fast. I haven`t had time to get my hair vitamin yet, but I will purchase the ultranourishair soon. Have anyone had any new experiences with the oil lately?

Good Luck
Tileta
blak_buttafly1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blak_buttafly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 2:40pm
QUESTION....I just called Sally`s to inquire about Wild Growth Hair Oil. They said Doo Grow is better. Anyone tried DooGrow that can give me a comparison of the two products?
God even knows how many hairs are
on your head.
Matthew 6:10
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 3:05pm
I heard that was a cheap imitation, but I`ve never tried it. But I have tried WGO and I can`t stand it. Stinkin` crap.
Natural since Nov 6, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blak_buttafly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 3:13pm
WGO didn`t make your hair grow??? How bad does it stink, girl?
on your head.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 3:35pm
It smelled like pepper and tea! I also had to stop using it because it was drying my scalp out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blak_buttafly1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 4:07pm
Whoa. I am surprised to hear that an oil would dry your scalp out. I hope you have found something better for you.
on your head.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 5:41pm
Why, yes I have!

Profectiv products are my solution! Particularly Break-Free, and the Anti-Itch Growth Serum. :)
mocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 10:46pm

Hi Everybody,

I read all the posts about Wild Growth and Doo Gro.. I have used Doo Gro with immense results.. I had a small bald spot and some thinning edges and I used Doo Gro Mega Thick Formula and it grew back my hair within a month.... So yes, Doo Gro does work, well at least for me it did.

Now to Wild Growth, I only been using it for a week and I have braids in my hair and my hair has started to grow out... It has my hair texture looking so soft and smooth.. Just before I put my braids in I washed my hair, dried it and apply some Wild Growth and it really smoothed out the kinks. I'm transitioning to natural hair so my two textures are clashing...

Wild Growth really doesn't smell all the great but I like how my hair feels and I'll continue to use it to the end of the bottle to see if I get that massive hair growth as those testimonials mentioned....

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:07pm
I just bought a bottle of wild growwth and after reading all the posts, can't wait to try it!  Those who do use it, how often to you use it and how do you fit it into your hair regime?
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 9:35am
ive been looking into it and i order some yesterday.cant wait till it gets here
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:37am
it has really made my hair grow and it is really soft.
Girlynextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girlynextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 11:55am
Hi everyone!
It sounds like this WGO really works well!  I am currently using MTG, have been for using it for 1 week today.  I have decided to apply it every time I wash/co wash.  I have been lazy this past week so I haven't done much, but I did do a protein treatment last night so I applied more MTG.  I am excited to see how much growth I achieve and I wonder how it will compare to the growth others have received with WGO.  I am currently 16 weeks post relaxer and I want to take it to at least 6 months if possible.. that will be in March.  Well, just figured I'd drop this line in and hep keep this wonderful post going!
Stacey Dash is my hair idol.
my fotki
www.fotki.com/girlynextdoor
"This One" password = waves
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 9:02pm

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me posting on this site because I am not African American.  I was just wondering if any one knows if the wild growth oil will work on caucasian hair?  It sounds like a dream come true!  I bought some at Sallys and haven't opened it yet.  The sales girl didn't have anything good to say about it, but she said that it might work for my hair texture too (fine and straight).  What do you think?  Thanks so much for your help!

solaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 11:24am

I would say go for it but use it very sparingly.

African american hair is very dry and does not hold moisture very well

One reason we wash our hair less often than other races is because our scalp produces less of the natural oils (sebum) that protects and lubricates the hair. Overwashing will strip what little we have. Also because of the tight curl pattern of our hair it hold less moisture making it very dry. this is why we put oils and products in our hair.Our hair will absorb oils more readily. You might want to try mixing the a small amount of the oil with a bottle of Infusium 23 (leave in treatment with good vitamins for the hair) which you can buy in any chain store. This way you wont clog up the pores on your head.

Hair is hair, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Good luck

Our hair is like lambs wool...
Remember, He is the good Shepard.
God is love.
princess07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by blak_buttafly1 blak_buttafly1 wrote:

QUESTION....I just called Sally`s to inquire about Wild Growth Hair Oil. They said Doo Grow is better. Anyone tried DooGrow that can give me a comparison of the two products?

I've tried Doo Grow Root Stimulator when I lost my hair due do a bad weave job with bonding glue.  It helped grow my hair back some. Be careful with it though, too much of it on will cause your scalp to burn. I used it twice a day.  I also tried and loved the shampoo and Deep Condintioner. I thought it worked better than the ORS brand.

canopy44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canopy44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 5:48pm
hmm...i tried wild growth back in the day but stopped and switched to mtg. now you guys have me interested in wgo again. for me, both worked to some extent but i didn't get inches of growth with either one.
Pauly_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 11:05pm
Hi everyone,
             New to this forum, so I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. I am a 23 yr old male with a Croatian background from Australia. I had a very bad sporting injury that made me stress so bad that my hair has thinned very bad. I have had to shave it to .5.. Just wondering if Wild Growth could help for me? Or are there any other products that could help?
Thank you ...
solaluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solaluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 6:43pm

Hi Pauly P,

Anyone of any ethnicity can use it( male, female, young, old). As for results, every person is different so don't expect anything.

Make sure you are eating a healthy diet and find possitive ways to deal with stress.

I know someone who has had good results with the product concerning their thinning hair.

good luck.

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:19pm

WGO says on the bottle that it can be used on all hair types, the only difference is you use less if your hair is fine and more if your hair is thick.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic