Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**pictures**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **pictures**
    Posted: July 06 2002 at 7:31pm
My hair is about to be brastrap in an inch or two. I just wanted to share my pics.

Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2002 at 11:23pm
How did you get your hair like that and how long did it take??????
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 3:02am
I have been growing my hair out for about a year to a year and a half, maybe. These hair discussion boards have helped tremendously! I try to take really good care of my hair, I always wrap it up at night in satin/silk. I only use wide tooth combs, and I don`t use blowdryers or curling irons. I wet set my hair under a hood dryer. That`s about the only heat my hair knows. I wash weekly, first applying olive oil as a hot oil treatment, then shampoo and I deep condition it every week! I use Motions CPR. Lastly, I lightly oil my ends every night, to help keep them strong and pliable/supple so they don`t break off. If you want to keep hair on your head, you have to give special care to the ends of your hair. And ends can be the driest part of the hair, and a lot of times dryness leads to breakage. So to combat that, like I said, I oil the ends and do weekly conditioning. I am also taking vitamins for hair growth. A multivitamin, biotin, silica, msm, evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, & ultranourishair. Hope this info helps.
shatejia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shatejia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 10:18am
Your hair is very beautyful, it`s truly motivation, how long was your hair when you began growing it out???? do you have a relaxer???
Shaperry
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 10:39am
Yes, I do have a relaxer. You can look at my albums on picture trail to show you what length I am coming from. The link is http://www.picturetrail.com/caramela79
VALLEY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VALLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 3:49pm
Thanks for the pictures. Your hair is beautiful and truly inspirational!!!!!
valley
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 7:57am
Caramela,
Your hair is ever so beautiful. Your pictures was an inspiration to me as well. I have one question though. You listed some multivitamins in your post. Are all of those some type of pill you are taking, or is it an oil?
Lola C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lola C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 5:16pm
You get a big thumbs up from me Girl! Your hair is truly healthy, shiny and very "flowing"! I am growing my hair out of a weave. I just got so tired of dealing with hiding the tracks, new growth (looks very bad when wearing a weave) and spending money on hair that was not my own. Now I am free! My coworkers, friends and family asked me why did I wear a weave in the first place. I just wanted to give my hair a rest. But instead of giving my hair a rest, it was in bondage for a year.

My hair is currently to my shoulders and is growing with the routine that I am on. I wear a satin scarf when I am sleeping, take Shen Min hair vitamins, drink plenty of water and have a daily dose of vegatables and fruits. Even my nails and skin have been looking better! I am so happy that I stopped putting my hair in weaves.

I checked out your photo album and you really know how to hook up some hair. Keep your hair looking beautiful. You prove to me that women of color can truly have great looking hair that is not fake!
Think positive at all times.
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 10:37pm
Thank you so much Lola C! I am trying to concentrate on the health of hair. I love real hair, real hair that`s healthy. So your compliment is greatly appreciated.

Also for Tileta, the supplements I am taking are vitamins, not oils. Some of the oils I listed are in pill form.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 11:19am
Caramela,
Are you taking all of those vitamins at once? I would like to try a hair vitamin. Previously, I was taking pre-natal vitamins, but the iron level got to the point that it was more than I needed; therefore, my doctor said he could lower the dosage and give me a new prescription. I decided to stop taking them since I was using them primarily to grow my hair. I`ve never tried a hair vitamin before, but I am using wildgrowth hair oil. That product is awesome. However, on top of my oil, I would like to take an all natural hair vitamin.
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 8:01pm
Yes, I am taking all these vitamins at once, 2x a day in fact. Once at breakfast, once at dinner. I`ve seen drastic changes, in my skin, hair and nails. I initially thought about the prenatal vitamin, but I decided against it b/c of the iron, and I also saw that a multivitamin offered just about the same thing. Did your doctor prescribe them to you w/o you being pregnant? I also know you can buy prenatal vitamins over the counter. I personally think that Ultranourish hair by GNC is a wonderful "hair pill". I just bought some wild growth oil too! I like it except for the smell which is kind of "mediciney".... but tell me, how long have you been using it and what have your results been?
Lola C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lola C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 10:24pm
Have you ever used Shen Min? I have been hearing so many great things about Ultra Nourishair that I am thinking of switching? Also, when did you first see results after starting your vitamin routine? I know that it takes time for good things to happen.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2002 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Caramela Caramela wrote:

Yes, I am taking all these vitamins at once, 2x a day in fact. Once at breakfast, once at dinner. I've seen drastic changes, in my skin, hair and nails. I initially thought about the prenatal vitamin, but I decided against it b/c of the iron, and I also saw that a multivitamin offered just about the same thing. Did your doctor prescribe them to you w/o you being pregnant? I also know you can buy prenatal vitamins over the counter. I personally think that Ultranourish hair by GNC is a wonderful "hair pill". I just bought some wild growth oil too! I like it except for the smell which is kind of "mediciney".... but tell me, how long have you been using it and what have your results been?

Caramela,
My vitamins were prescribed by my doctor. I gave birth almost one year ago. I asked my dr. if it would be ok for me to continue to take them after I had my son and she said it was fine. You stated before in one of my prenatal vitamins post that you was concerned about *eek constipation due to the iron. Well it caused exactly what you said it would. The wild growth hair oil is unbelievable though. The oil put the vitamins to shame. I started using the oil in May of this year. My hair has grown 3 inches in 2 months. I was sold after the first application. I could tell the difference in the texture of my hair overnight. The main thing that I love is that I do not use no other kind of oils on my hair at all. So, I think the hair vitamins will work great with the oil. I will never be without this product again.
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 3:30pm
Carmela, your hair is beautiful. You are truly an inspiration. Thanks you for sharing the pics!

Shaun
NYC
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2002 at 3:30pm
Carmela, your hair is beautiful. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing the pics!

Shaun
NYC
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 3:49am
Hey Carmela,
I checked out your pictures, they look great. I was wondering, what are flexi-rods & how do you use them. I have naturally curly hair w/tight ringlets an inch below my chin. I`ve been trying to think of ways to get my curls a couple of perm-rod sizes larger (like a quarter wide). If you or anyone reading this has a suggestion let me know, thanks.
Teresa
tresa80@hotmail.com
Rabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2002 at 2:55pm
Carmela,
Your hair looks great. I just bought the Ultra Nourishair vitamin, that you talked about. And I am using Wild Growth Hair Oil. I was wondering what relaxer you were using. I am currently using Affirm. My hair looks smooth and straight during the first week of my relaxer, after that the ends tend to get curly looking, even when I go to the hair dresser for a wash and set. My hair is mid-neck length, and I am trying to grow it out. Do you think it is damaging to have the hair dressers set hair in rollers, then blow dry it with a round brush, the curl it with a curling iron? It looks great my edges are starting to have 1 inch long pixie spikes where the hair has broken from the round brush. What should I do, to get my hair healthy and long? Sorry for all the questions, but your hair length and health is my goal.
True beauty is only found within.
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Rabia Rabia wrote:

Carmela,
Your hair looks great. I just bought the Ultra Nourishair vitamin, that you talked about. And I am using Wild Growth Hair Oil. I was wondering what relaxer you were using. I am currently using Affirm. My hair looks smooth and straight during the first week of my relaxer, after that the ends tend to get curly looking, even when I go to the hair dresser for a wash and set. My hair is mid-neck length, and I am trying to grow it out. Do you think it is damaging to have the hair dressers set hair in rollers, then blow dry it with a round brush, the curl it with a curling iron? It looks great my edges are starting to have 1 inch long pixie spikes where the hair has broken from the round brush. What should I do, to get my hair healthy and long? Sorry for all the questions, but your hair length and health is my goal.

I am currently using Motions lye relaxer, I just tried it and I really loved it. I took a chance, b/c I was using Gentle Treatment, no-lye and really loved that, but I love this 10x better. Imagine that! That blowdrying with the round brush is murder on your hair, really, and if you can get her to stop, please do! The curling iron? Now, I know you know better than that, stop putting all that heat on your precious hair girl! I`m little miss anti-curling irons and blowdryers! I suggest either asking your current stylist to accomodate you and if she can`t , learn to do your own hair. I do my own, and I save money, headache and hair breakage!
Lola C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lola C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 5:29pm
I am glad to hear that you had success with using Motions lye relaxer. Did you use regular or super? With your hair type (4a), regular seems as though that would be ideal. I am just learning about hair types. That is another issue. I think that mine is 4a ("s" formation). Before coming to this site, I did not know that hair was so complex. This site has helped me alot.

I tried the silica, flaxseed oil, evening primrose, msm and biotin. I feel great! I have more energy and the EPO is wonderful for females. Thank you so much for the information on how to get lovely locks!

Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 10:02pm
You`re right, about hair being more complex than imagined. B/c before I started learning about hair care on the internet, I had a lot of misconceptions and misinformation. I used a regular relaxer. I worked nicely. I`m glad to hear that you like the vitamins, along with helping your hair grow, they add overall health benefits as well. Happy growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic