Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long is everyone trying to grow there hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long is everyone trying to grow there hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kellie22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellie22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long is everyone trying to grow there hair?
    Posted: July 24 2002 at 1:11pm
How long is everyone try to grow there hair. Also What goals are you wanting to achieve with your hair growth..
Dragoony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragoony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 1:38pm
u know some black woman can`t grow the hair what they got now. i want my hair to at least achieve almost down to my waist, which will probably take about another 7 years. god! , i wish i took the genes that my sister got hers from. she have only been growing her hair for 8 year and it`s at her butt right now, i guess i`m kinda jealous.
Dragoony
kellie22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 1:41pm
dont sweat it your hair will be that long in no time all you need to do is think positive and take good care of your hair, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitmin and eat healthy. Ill be behind you all the way, happy hair growing
Mrs_Delacruz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_Delacruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 1:59pm
Im trying to grow my hair as long as it can grow! You`ve just gotta be patient though. Someone told me that getting your hair trimmed keeps it healthy and helps it grow and I think its true because last year I got my hair cut really really short- I still cant believe it cause I had really long hair before that-but the back was shaved and the sides above my ears. Its grown back to the original length and I will never again put scissors to it unless its just to clip the ends. My dad always tells me this scripture out the bible "a woman`s hair is her glory" so I think twice about cutting my hair. And let me tell you- he is so right! Nothing is more sexy and feminine than a headful of shiny healthy hair.
"I love My Antonio Delacruz!.
Muuuahhhh"
Francina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Francina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 2:30pm
well, I`m trying to grow my hair as long as possible!
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 6:22pm
Me too, as long as it will grow. I`m not cutting anymore!! Trims yes, but no cuts.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2002 at 8:46am
Shooooo. Goodness knows that I hate getting trims. My hairdresser cuts at least an inch per trim it seems like it. And I was getting them like every two months. It`s just not fair. I know that you need trims to keep your hair healthy and growing, but I think that I may slack down on them, because she is the only hairdresser that I`ve had who cuts so much for a simple trim. After she trims my whole head once, she goes back and does it again from different angles. That`s what makes me so mad.

Anyways, I want hair to the middle of my back. Right now, it`s chin length in the front and about an inch or two past my shoulders in the back. Once it gets longer, I`ll add some layers. But I am trying to avoid those scissors!
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
Harlem-chick281 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harlem-chick281 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2002 at 10:49am
I want mine 2-3 inches above my bra strap. Right now it is almost to the back of my neck I have like 6 inches to go!
KeiSha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeiSha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2002 at 3:16pm
I used to have really long pretty hair till i but in weave but after i got it cut its been growin so now it a lil under my shoulders and i`m tryin to grow it 6 more inches
Caramela View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caramela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2002 at 12:12pm
Right now mine is brastrap length, I want to let it grow as long as it wants. My first goal was brastrap, I made it. And my second goal is midback, wether or not I can handle that much hair will determine if I pursue my final goal.... waistlength.
cassandra28uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassandra28uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 8:44am
I feel a lot of black women can grow their hair very long, and genes may play a part, but we must not let genetics get in the way of achieving their goals, many of us put on weight very easy, but we watch what we eat and we exercise regularly, so we are able to speed up our metabolism and hence keep our weight off. Some of us have hair which is stronger than others, hence they are able to get their hair down to a certain length faster. Ladies aim for waist length and beyond, how many women we see with locs have thigh length hair. I think once you keep your mind and body healthy, you can get anything you want, but it requires, patience and tender loving care, supplements and water. That helps greatly. I am aiming for waist length and I wish all the other Ladies on this broad all the best, and once you have faith, hope and you believe in yourselves, you will succeed by the Grace of the Universe.
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 8:46am
Give me some bra-strap length hair!
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
GrowingHair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrowingHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2002 at 3:27pm
Waist Length hair, its currently bra-strap length. My hair grows about 1" per month
keeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2003 at 1:16am
My hair was cut in the halle berry
So i just want my hair to my shoulders first
Then to my armpits after that is a bonus
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2003 at 10:24am
My hair is natural and I wear it very short in a twa cut close to the scalp. I dress and look feminine,wear earrings and makeup, wear dresses etc.. It isn't a problem having short hair if you look good in very short hair.

I have no desire to grow my hair long. I like it short, my husband likes short hair on me, it is easy to care for, especially if you are busy like I am with work and two kids.
I am keeping my hair short, it looks good and has other advantages for a woman.
Brina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 10:28pm
I am Jamaican and multiracial. Im trying to grow my hair at least to the middle of my back. I am currently growing out my permed hair. --Brina
Product Junkie7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Product Junkie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 9:24pm
Brina,
Are you experiencing a lot of breakage from growing out your perm? I assume you mean a relaxer. I want to do this too, but I lose so much more hair when I comb it than when I have a relaxer! I really want to go natural, though. I am triracial: Black- Indian-Caucasian.
Knowledge is Power
belle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 12:19pm
MY HAIR WAS TO MY KNEES WHEN I WAS YOUNG BUT WHEN MY MOM STOPPED PRESSING MY HAIR AND PUT A PERM IN IT, IT HAD BROKE AND ONLY GROWS UNTIL MY SHOULDERS. NOW I AM GROWING OUT THE PERM AND I AM HOPING IT TO BE TO MY KNEES AGAIN.
Mermaid0684 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mermaid0684 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 4:25pm
My is currently 3 inches away from being at my bra clasp. I should reach my goal with a healthly trim by April/May/June of 2004. My next goal after that is to be nearing waist-length hair in the summer of 2005.
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2003 at 6:44pm
shoulder length
DiamondPrincess   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic