Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goal: Waist Length! Any1 else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Brigitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 1:54pm
My waist length will be 3 more years or less.
Brigitte
jlkrt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlkrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 2:18pm
Wow, this is an amazing goal! I would like to join in. I press my hair, so my constant struggle seems to be moisturizing enough so that it keeps my hair healthy and strong, but without making it too greasy or causing it to turn.

Does anyone else hear have pressed hair? If so, care to offer any advice/tips?
jade3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 10:30pm
Hello everyone, I'm so excited about finding this page!!!! I'm also in the process of growing my hair long. and for the first time I feel like this is really an attainable goal with all of the advice I've gathered from hairboutique.com and growafrohairlong.com. My only concern is finding a hairdresser that will partner with me in my quest for waist-length hair.
Mizdivine I noticed in your pictures that you and I are from the same area. Would you mind telling me where you go to get your hair done? I'd really appreciate it. I really admire how healthy, shiny your hair looks.
mizdivine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizdivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 1:15pm
Thanks, Jade3.....

I go to a hairstylist in the Bronx, but she is not taking any new customers at the moment.

MizDivine
taneisha View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taneisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 1:16pm
Hello
i just wanted to say your hair is so nice. i was wondering how long did it take you to grow it to that lenght? What do you do and use to keep you hair looking so good. my is natural and i'm trying to grow it to about you length. if i got it to your lenght i would be happy. thank you for your time

Originally posted by den1 den1 wrote:

Hello Feliche,
My goal is to reach waistlength in the next 4 inches of growth. I am a natural 4a/4b.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SEE MY NATURAL HAIR PHOTOS!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1645418&uid=901016&members=1&galleryPassword=KiiyaKnJe5PeE&

den1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2003 at 3:54am
[QUOTE=taneisha] how long did it take you to grow it to that lenght? What do you do and use to keep you hair looking so good?[QUOTE]
Hello taneisha,
Thanks for the compliments, I've been growing my hair since last July, 2002. I wear protective styles such as twists, cornrows, bantu knots etc.

For daily maintainance, African pride braid spray, infusium 23 used on the most part of the hair.

ORS shea butter, or Profectiv breakfree on my ends twice, morning and evening. I wash my hair twice a week with Creme of nature detanglinig shampoo. I deep condition for 60-120 minutes, with either Le kair cholesterol or CPR treatment conditioner or Motions moisture plus. They are used an alternative basis. When I take out braids I usually do a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment with olive oil.

After washing and conditioning I part my hair in 4-6 sections, add infusium 23 and castor oil, then do two strand twists. Any frayed or frizzy ends are trimmed away using a sharp barber scissors, I then apply Robin's ends sealing technique with the flat-iron this locks in the moisture, making ends stronger and healthier.

Here is the ends sealing technique
http://www.growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html

My Website
http://www.geocities.com/deniselhaynes/naturallycoilyhair.index.htm

petrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 10:23am
Originally posted by jlkrt jlkrt wrote:

Wow, this is an amazing goal! I would like to join in. I press my hair, so my constant struggle seems to be moisturizing enough so that it keeps my hair healthy and strong, but without making it too greasy or causing it to turn.

Does anyone else hear have pressed hair? If so, care to offer any advice/tips?

Well, I press my hair, and my hair is very moisturized because I use TCB. I would say to use jojoba oil, because it seems to retain moisture.

I would also like my hair to be waist length, but I'm a little bit discouraged. I don't truly believe that my hair can grow that long. Right now my hair is to my bra strap, and it has been there for the past year. I read a post by Sherrylove (MizDivine to this board) on another forum, and I was surprised that she said she doesn't trim her hair that often. I trim my hair once every 6 to 8 weeks like they say, and I think that's why my hair isn't getting as long as I would like it to be.
People already say that my hair is long, but I think it's medium length. I want it to get at least 3 inches longer, and hopefully it will get that long.

I think that if I don't pay that much attention to it, it will grow. Not really "attention" but fussing over my hair so much, and being thankful for what I do have, I will prosper.

Anyway, how long are the people on this post giving themselves to achieve this length? If you have a goal, you should also give yourself a certain amount of time to reach your goal.
I suggest that everyone writes down exactly how long their hair is now, and then compare that to when the time comes for you hair to be waist length. (The time that you gave yourself, of course.)

Right now my hair is to my bra strap....I am going to take Sherrylove's advice and trim my hair when I NEED to, and hopefully.......I will give myself by next year, this date May 29, 2004, to achieve 3 inches of HEALTHY hair. (Not scraggly hair, that you see on some people.)

What about you guys?
pet
mizdivine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizdivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 12:38pm
Petrina ---

this way you should be able to preserve more growth. My hair goal is four more inches, but I do not have a time frame. Right now, the health of my hair is more important to me.

I hope you achieve your hair length goal...For Real.....

MizDivine/SherryLove
zaile View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 5:50am
im thirteen and i want waist length hair to!!!! right now my hair stops the middle of my neck are there any hair care tips you can give me??? thanks!!!

Zailie
jaquay View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaquay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2003 at 5:18pm
You guys are all so inspirational. I am trying to grow my hair for my wedding next year. I have never had long hair and don''t know the first thing about taking care of it to achieve my goal of at least shoulder length hair. I have really thin hair. I stopped perming it about 4 months ago b/c hair recently grew really long and she said it''s from not perming it. I ordered h37 the other day and am awaiting that to see how it works and I was told to try an a shampoo called root stimulator uplifting shampoo and the mayo conditoner. What do you all suggest? Does H37 really work?
sabie19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabie19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 9:36pm
Hey well is the doo gro creme good to help my goal of waist length hair. What foods should I eat.
Jazmine90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmine90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2004 at 8:21pm
Count me in!!! I'm going for waist-length im up and ready for it, it might be the hardest for me because my hair is 4 1/2 in long.

--Love Jazmine90
CMD3989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMD3989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 3:34pm
I'm going for Waist length hair. My hair right now is at mid back length. I'm almost there though. Good luck to the rest of you girls.

*Christina Marie*
tryin 2 get it down my back View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryin 2 get it down my back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2004 at 10:19pm
I am joining the waist length hair club. I could use the support and any helpful advice. Right now my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders. i am trying to at the very least keep it there but it seems as if it's not strong and thining. DOES ANYONE have suggestions on what I can do to start a new life for my hair? How often I should wash? and does brushing it really help or does it thin the hair? I want to go all the way.
blkazntina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkazntina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2004 at 5:35pm
hihi
i'm growin my hair wastelength 2
itz bra strap length wen itz curly and wet but if i straighten it itz 1/2 way down my baq
...:::curly hair:::...
~*^_^*~Tina~*^_^*~
sey if u can hook me up and let me be a model i would luv u 4ever!!!... maybe not luv but......yea
railnel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote railnel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2004 at 2:51pm
Hi, I just joined, but I would like to be added to the waist-length hair club too. Just from reading all of your replies I have really been encouraged. I have very short hair and have tried almost everything to grow out my hair, but it just won't grow. I have the HF37 pills, but they are just to big to take. I'm willing to try anything once. So, somebody, anybody, PLEASE help a sister out!
Tyfnae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyfnae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 2:35pm
I'm trying to get to the waist as well. I have worn my hair natural for four years and I'm at the bra strap when I get it pressed. I'm really having a hard time. My hair is really curly and I HATE to comb it. I don't want dreds, but MY GOODNESS. This is a real job. Anyway, it's nice to know someone else is trying.
greAtness333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greAtness333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 7:38pm
I'm going for shoulder length then waist length hair. I cut my hair off about my ear in the beginning of the year and I want it to reach my shoulders come September. Right now it's about down to my ear lobe. To healthy hair! Has anybody ever had any side effects from taking Biotin?
2luvlydiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2luvlydiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2004 at 3:35pm
hi
I need help getting my hair on track can someone help please
right now I'm wearing a sewn in weave and my hair is broken really bad in the front. The rest of my hair is about to my neck and I'm trying to grow it out long. It got to this point as a result of an overprocessed perm. What steps should I take now to get my hair to the poing where its healthy growing and long. I'm thinking about taking H37 has anyone tried themand what are your results?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2004 at 9:07pm
im going for waist length and trying to get this perm to grow out my head
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic