Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cutelillady02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutelillady02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor
    Posted: April 02 2003 at 9:41am
Has anyone tried Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor what kind of results did you get. Also if you tried any other aphogee products please let me know.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 9:39am
Good morning! I've tried Aphogee treatment for damaged hair (in the square container) and it's a great strengthening treatment. It's not expensive--$5 at Sally Beauty if you live in the U.S. or U.K.--and is a concentrated protein formula. Aphogee is a good deal, especially when you consider that other alleged "protein treatments" only contain keratin or some other derivative halfway down the ingredient list and cost twice as much. Hydrolyzed protein is the second ingredient listed, so this is the real thing. If you're a vegan, however, Aphogee isn't for you as it contains animal by-products.

This site has instructions for use:
http://www.folica.com/haircare/aphogee_treatmt.htm

I have been happy with the results, but I must warn you, Aphogee treatment smells AWFUL! Like rotting fruit or something equally disgusting. It lingered in my hair for two days and my shower smelled like....well I really don't know how to describe it.

If that doesn't turn you away, Aphogee does work. If you can stand it! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 3:12pm
In Dcecember I noticed significant breakage. I then started weekly trips to the salon again in order to gain control of the breakage. Every 3 weeks he used a protein product that made my hair very hard then he would rinse and follow with a Reconstructor. Then realized that he was using an Aphogee Damaged hair treatment. I also notice that he then followed with the Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor. Today, I have little to no breakage, and it also aided in a lot of my new growth. My stylist told me that I did not need to use the damaged hair treatment anymore but, if I did, it would continue to improve the elasticity of my hair strands. That is when I became very smart and I purchased both products from a local hair store. The damaged hair treatment costs me $19.99 and the reconstructor cost $6.00. To some this may seem like a lot to spend on hair products, but they both are very effective. If they were not, I wouldn't dare waste $26.00 nor my time.
reshaye04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reshaye04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 1:15pm
I was scared to use it because it said professional use only. It sounds like you do this yourself at home. Do you use it exactly the way it says on the bottle. Did you purchase Aphogee shampoo or even, does it matter what kind of shampoo you use. Please tell me exactly what you did. Thanks Tileta.
Tileta_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 12:10pm
It does say for professional use only, but if you have any knowledge about hair upkeep then I do not think you would have a problem. YOU MUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS THOUGH! My stylist used a regular shampoo, but I recently purchased the aphogee damaged hair shampoo. At least the shampoo is by far cheaper than the other products.
1. Wash the hair with the aphogee shampoo.
2. Use the aphogee damaged hair treatment
3. Use a cholesterol conditioner for 30 minutes.
4. Apply the aphogee keratin reconstructor.
5. Dry, style, & wrap.

Damaged hair treatment should be used once a month after the hair is healthy again. Though this treatment is effective for 6 weeks, I use it about every 4 weeks.
Product Junkie7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Product Junkie7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 10:11pm
So you rinse the Aphogee and then use cholesterol, then the reconstructor? Maybe I should try this because I had terrible results with just the Aphogee hard stuff.
Knowledge is Power
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic