Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Keys To Growing Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pinkslippers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkslippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Keys To Growing Long Hair
    Posted: April 26 2003 at 12:08am
Hello all,

My hair is shoulder length now and I am growing to achieve my goal (waist length hair). I took HF37 off and on for about 8 months and I got great results. I got so many compliments about how my hair had grown so long past my shoulders. Unfortunately, due to a bad relaxer and stress my hair broke off back to shoulder length. I am now taking HF37 again consistently and I am considering taking Shen Min, Sea Kelp and of course Biotin along with the HF37. Has anyone taken the combination of HF37 and Shen Min, if so what kind of results did you get? I am trying the Aubrey organics camomile shampoo and conditioner from this point on. Thanks to this site I finally found conditioners that do not contain alcohol or any other derivate of alcohol.

I am going to share with you the keys to growing hair that grew my hair tremendously that I have seen work before my own eyes:

1) HF37-taking them consistently helped me, you have to be patient to see results, I saw results after 3 1/2 weeks of taking them. I took them for 8 months off and on. From now on, I am going to be consistent with them by taking them daily.

2) Roller sets and wraps. Try to not to use ANY heat or as less as possible. No curling irons, hot blow dryers, I would suggest a soft bonnet dryer if you must use heat.

3) Although my hair is extremely thick, I waited at least 6 months before I relaxed my hair and I had tremendous growth.

4) Lots of green vegetables- greens, spinach, kale.

5) Wonder Gro Shea Butter grease.
Sistagirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:21am
THank you for posting the great infomation. But what is your hair type? What may work for you may not work for others. Mines is 4a/4b and my hair is x-tremely thick
Pinkslippers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkslippers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 11:02am
Sistagirl,

My hair is thick and coarse. Not only has HF37 worked for me but it has worked with different hair types than mine for two of my friends. One of them has thin hair and the other has medium hair. I noticed my hair really grows when I take the vitamins and stay away from the relaxers. As a chemical engineer, I know what is contained in many relaxers like NaOH Sodium Hydroxide, I used to do experiments in the chemical lab and NaOH would tear and rip through my rubber/plastic gloves. So if it will tear through my gloves, you know what it will do to the hair.

Pink Slippers
sistagirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 12:12pm
PinkSlippers,

My hair is the same texture as yours also. I just wanted you to know if It could be used for all hair types or I thought that would only work with people with our hair thick and course hair texture. Sorry I was wrong, I didn't do any research to check if it was for all hair types in the first place. Well thank you for your information and have a nice day.

Sistagirl
Cass03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cass03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 8:56am
Thanks for posting
Cass
Brigitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 1:32pm
I thank you for your information.
Brigitte
kellsy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 4:02pm
Hey i am about 2 months and a week over a touchup and im pretty happy bout that. I am loving this curly style i have(bantu knot out). So thats my reason in not perming it yet. Neither have i trimmed it either. I have read that Cathy Howse didn't trim her hair for a while either and she has alot of growth so thats nice, course i will trim my hair 1 day when i get a job. LOL. But i too have alot of new growth and my goal right now is shoulder lenght hair so hopefully i can get that.
sweetlymxd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetlymxd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 10:48pm
hey, i stopped relaxing my hair about a year ago may/june of last year. and i've got hair growth but a lot of breakage i'm guessin because of the 2 different textures. so basically, my hair has been the same length for about a year now and there is still more hair that is relaxed that will be breaking off. does anyone know what i can use to limit the breakage but also adding some length to my hair?
Jessica Shree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Shree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 10:14pm
Thanks for the info
bUBBLIcioUs/Psalms 23 (Bible)
Guyanese girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyanese girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 12:51pm
Well, I only took Vitamin H37 for at least two months and I was very pleased with the results. Although I was able to get equivalent in UK, I think I will save up my money and get a eight month supply. Plus with biotin, flaxseed and Evening Primrose oil.
Guyanese girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guyanese girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 12:58pm
Hair vitamin 37 is very good, I used for two months, but I will be saving up my money to some more.
islandfillly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandfillly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2003 at 1:07pm
i was wondering does this vitamin make hair grow any other places

Originally posted by Guyanese girl Guyanese girl wrote:

Hair vitamin 37 is very good, I used for two months, but I will be saving up my money to some more.
Cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 9:21pm
Slippers, is HF37 the same as Vitamin H37? Just wondering. Does anyone know?
;-)
LoveNia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveNia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:04pm
I would like to thank you for the info. But what I want to know is what do I do w/my hair at night. I get headaches if I sleep with rollers in my hair for more than two nights. I tried wraps and braids but my hair thins out on the sides. Sometimes I go to bed with it loose and that breaks it. Please tell me what to do. (Oh and do satin pillowcase really works?)
LoveNia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveNia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 10:10pm
Is there any other brand that is in stores that work other than HF37 because I really do not like ordering things through the mail.
blackblondegrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackblondegrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 9:20pm
HF 37 works for me!!!
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 8:57pm
ok ???? how much is HF37??? can u get it from GNC or Walmart? and does it make yur other body hair grow fast?? please answer me sum1,i tried taking hair vitamins b4 but just ran out and forgot about it really. so where can i get HF37?
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 10:22pm
Hey Taggi, i have not taken this formula hf37 myself, but i had started doing some research on it and found a forum that discussed with the maker of it the effects, etc.

so from what i gathered i don't think i want to get it right now. apparently it is high protein and niacin (causes flushing) not hazardous but in some people it can be frightening cause you get really hot and tingly.... some people have apparently started getting acne and putting weight on and some people got no results.

also alot of people on that forum are raving how great the product is... so i don't know...

i'm torn cause i wanna acheive more growth. right now i am taking amino acids and vitamins and stuff and i am not seeing the results i expected. i have about 1/2 inch growth after 1 month which is the average growth.
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic