Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How To Do Into A Curly Perm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brigitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Do Into A Curly Perm?
    Posted: May 05 2003 at 11:40am
I need to know how to do from a straight perm to curly perm.
Brigitte
Jessica Shree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Shree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 10:12pm
what kind of curly perm
bUBBLIcioUs/Psalms 23 (Bible)
Brigitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brigitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 9:40am
I'm looking for a non-greasy, acid and dry curly perm. Because I try to get this style since I turned down to 1980's too-much greasy, wet curly perm.
Brigitte
Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 6:19am
If you find anything out, let me know. I have the same question.
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaveitup^_^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 2:22am

so what you want is called a "leisure curl"

the problem with that is tthe triple process will be HELL on your hair(original relaxer, then straightening solution for leisure curl, curling solution for leisue curl). it will dry your hair out and cause it to break. the two seperate chemicals in the relaxer and perm dont mix well at ALL.

if you want to go for the perm, you will have to either chop off your relaxed hair, or transition to being natural.

that is....if you want to do it and keep your hair healthy in the process

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 11:43am
Originally posted by weaveitup^_^ weaveitup^_^ wrote:

so what you want is called a "leisure curl"

the problem with that is tthe triple process will be HELL on your hair(original relaxer, then straightening solution for leisure curl, curling solution for leisue curl). it will dry your hair out and cause it to break. the two seperate chemicals in the relaxer and perm dont mix well at ALL.

if you want to go for the perm, you will have to either chop off your relaxed hair, or transition to being natural.

that is....if you want to do it and keep your hair healthy in the process

I agree with weave-it-up.  I was always told by my grandmother who is a hair stylist, that you can only do one or the other...not BOTH!!    It will strip and break your hair down becuase of the two diferrent chemicals.  I say, don't get the curly perm if you already have relaxed hair.

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 12:09pm
you can always braid plaits, make bantu knots, and use straw sets to get that curly look.  Our hair is very versatile, so we don't have to resort to chemicals all the time to get a desired look.. Your hair will love you for it if you use sets instead... that way you won't have to start all over, AND  you can have it straightened without worrying about SO MUCH MORE damage!  
To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:21pm
If you want a curly perm, you'll have to cut off the relaxed part.  I"m going to get one next month.  I have VERY short hair, so I won't have to cut off much.  I'm going to get a New Era 2000 Soft Body perm.  It's acid balanced.  It's dry and non greasy.  I can't wait!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 1:07pm
What does your hair look like when you get these curly perms? Anyone have pictures? Because I might be interested in growing out my relaxer and switching to this.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:29pm

Here are some wave nouveau pics:

Wave nouveau straight look:

Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:30pm
Her curls look 'wet', but all don't look like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic