Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have straight hair, but I want afro type hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have straight hair, but I want afro type hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
seasweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 6:28pm
the blowout kit is designed to make your hair LOOSER and straighter. to coil your hair up you need what straighties and curlies call a "poodle perm" or something.

i actually think its cute that straighties want naps! so many folks just hate naptural hair
be careful... life is bitter sweet. we are living in a world of hate

http://www.napturalglory.com

thick naptural hair worn in twists, flat twists, or bantu knots. products: organic refined coconut oil and hair tea.

JESUS Rules!
Passin thru View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passin thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2004 at 11:50pm
Okay, I'm just passin thru, but I had to comment on this. I honestly can't understand for the life of me why ANYBODY would intentionally want nappy hair. Yall are lucky. Yall should appreciate the fact that yall got straight hair. There are so many people who would kill to have yalls hair and go thru the drama of perms and pressing combs and flat irons. Yall should appreciate the fact that yall were lucky enough to be born with straight hair.
BANGIN PAPI View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANGIN PAPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Passin thru Passin thru wrote:

Okay, I'm just passin thru, but I had to comment on this. I honestly can't understand for the life of me why ANYBODY would intentionally want nappy hair. Yall are lucky. Yall should appreciate the fact that yall got straight hair. There are so many people who would kill to have yalls hair and go thru the drama of perms and pressing combs and flat irons. Yall should appreciate the fact that yall were lucky enough to be born with straight hair.

Nuh uh I totally have the total oppisite of what you think.... Nappy/Kinky/Curly hair that African-Americans have or some that have African-American are so lucky, With that kind of hair you can do anything with it, get it straightened,Jerry Curls with just S-Curl, Afro,easy to do corn rows/dreads all the other Beyonce hair styles the females like...But with straight hair like mine all I can do is just leave it straight or curtain hair cuts to make it different, if I want an afro I have to go through the embarrassment of going to a beauty salon to get a perm and it doesnt even look natural, I can't get them Jerry curls or any of those.

So i'd say love your nappy-natural hair you were blessed!
Passin thru View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passin thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2004 at 4:34am
Beyonce hair styles??? Beyonce's hair is a nappy weave. Personally, I think Aaliyah had better hair. But that's just me, I guess.

And I'm assuming that you're not black or female, so I have a question. Would you seriously even consider dating a female with some nappy a$$ hair? Somehow, I doubt it.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 3:00am
well everyone should appreciate the hair they were born with no matter what ethnicity they are.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

D Mac View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 6:35am
Originally posted by DeD PreZ DeD PreZ wrote:

ok heres the deal, this is how i turn my straight hair very nappy looking and it only takes about 10 minutes. i have straight hair and always wanted nappy hair. all i do is grow my hair at least 2 and a half inches long then i get it dry as possible then take my hand and use the palm of my hand and use tight circles on my hair. i pretty much press so hard that i can feel heat on my scalp. i start from the hairline to the back then i fill in areas. you must do this very hard and very fast to work. you know when to stop when the hair is very nappy. it looks very natural. i have gone from very straight hair to this. i am half black to begin with so it looks natural. i usually brush it after to get a good shape to it. i wish i had pics cus it looks very natural. the only downside is it does a number on your hair, but shampoo and condition every day and youll be fine. if you dont know what i mean by my technique just ask and ill re explain. there is definately a finess to it.

Could I like put something in my hair after I do this to make it like stay for a while with out having to do all that all over again....lets say...kinda like a dry perm...

Or would not washing my hair for like a week with my hair in the "nap" state train my hair to be somewhat curly and stay for a longer period?
crazy not in love View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy not in love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 8:11pm
I guess it is nice to get braids. But the only reason we nappy/kinky hair types usually braid our hair is too make it grow. So you should be grateful with your hair type.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 9:57pm
First of all your hair is going to grow whether it is braided or not.

Secondly you can only speak for yourself and not all people with nappy/kinky/or coily hair.l
gAnJa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gAnJa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2004 at 9:11pm
I hear if u shave ur head bald n shave it with a razer with the grain ur hair will get curly but u gotta add some sort of lotion to ur head 2 make it grow out nappy.... but i never tried it b4
! GUEST ! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ! GUEST ! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Passin thru Passin thru wrote:

Beyonce hair styles??? Beyonce's hair is a nappy weave. Personally, I think Aaliyah had better hair. But that's just me, I guess.

And I'm assuming that you're not black or female, so I have a question. Would you seriously even consider dating a female with some nappy a$$ hair? Somehow, I doubt it.

Well theres this girl on the real world road rules thing on MTV wit a huge nappy fro and shes quite attractive.

But yeah, I would love to have an afro, but im to embarrassed to walk in a salon and ask for a perm.....because it would be awkward for a male like me to be walking in a 'beauty salon' in the first place. So is there any other way to achieve a fro besides Ded PreZ advice?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 12:23am
Im sorry but that quote, anyways I have a fro and I love it yup its nappy and i'm nappy and happy.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

1datkid1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1datkid1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 4:20pm
what ded prez says,wouldnt that just ruin your hair?
dimitar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2004 at 11:09am
Hello everybody!!!
I just want to let you know if you're not completely sure what hairstyle is good for you check this realy cool online hairstyler
http://www.mynewhairstyle.com
It's a big fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1datkid1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 11:33am
if u constantly rub your head and your hair starts falling out, will it eventually come back?

p.s. isnt alpocea (or however you spell it) the only way people lose there hair and it never grows back?
! GUEST ! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ! GUEST ! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by 1datkid1234 1datkid1234 wrote:

if u constantly rub your head and your hair starts falling out, will it eventually come back?

I did Ded PreZ tips on how to make my hair appear nappy. It was a really good idea, I consistantly did it every day 2 hours after I took a shower, but your hair doesnt actully fall out it like just breaks and becomes very weak and brittle. So I say if you do it, don't do it on a regular basis...

P.S.

Is there any other way to make hair nappy besides DeD PreZ way or perming?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1datkid1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 5:01pm
does it matter if you rub your hair fast or slow?
! GUEST ! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ! GUEST ! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 4:17pm
push hard and rub fast to get the best results.
TooXquisite View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooXquisite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 7:31pm
Wow! I have never heard of such a thing, people with naturally straight hair who want nappy hair. If only the people with naturally nappy hair were proud to wear their hair in its natural state.
Nymphe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nymphe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 9:44am
Originally posted by TooXquisite TooXquisite wrote:

Wow! I have never heard of such a thing, people with naturally straight hair who want nappy hair. If only the people with naturally nappy hair were proud to wear their hair in its natural state.
AMEN!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 1:52pm
I know plenty of people with naturally straight hair tht want nappy hair. They aren't african american tho. I am natural and I have more people who are not african american that they wish they had my texture. I am proud of who I am, I wish all of us were.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic